Chapter 6

The next morning, the Harpercop kids and their pets came downstairs to the table for breakfast. 

The family was all happy to be together while they ate and Walter read the newspaper on yet more recent dognappings in the area. The dalmatian siblings continued eating until they heard something outside and came out in the backyard to find Ginger and Caesar had come over. 

"Hey, guys" Patch greeted. "What are you doing here?"

Ginger and Caesar both looked deeply distraught about something as they came over panting. 

"Have you guys seen Sparky?" Ginger asked. 

"He's missing?!" The dalmatians gasped, not wanting to believe it. 

"Maybe he's playing hide and seek" Caesar guessed stupidly, like the dimwitted dog he was. "We haven't seen in two whole hours" 

"Get real, Caesar" Rolly rolled his eyes at the great dane.  

"When did you see him last?" Cadpig asked Ginger and Caesar about Sparky. 

"Last night before he headed off towards the back alleys" Ginger explained. "He said he had some things to do. And we haven't seen him since" 

"Hmmm?" Lucky thought for a moment. There had to be some sort of connection with the other recent dognappings. 

"We'll ask every dog we know in town to keep a look out" Lucky told Ginger and Caesar with confidence and ease. 

"Thanks" Ginger said then left with Caesar, hoping Sparky was okay wherever he may be. 

The dalmatian siblings then came back inside the house as the family had just finished with their breakfast. 

"Well, I'm off to work" Walter said getting up, grabbing his things, gave Jane a quick peck on the cheek and was out the door. 

"Oh, did you hear from the Newtons?" Brock asked the rest of his family. "They're taking Beethoven to the vet today" 

"I take it he's a little nervous?" Rolly asked, referring to Beethoven. 

"He is..." Kali replied. "That's why I'm going with them"

"I'll come too!" Lucky offered his teenage owner. "I could use a checkup too anyway" 

Later, at the vet, Kali and Lucky were with the Newtons in the waiting room. All eyes from the other humans and animals were on them, because Beethoven was hiding under the seats like a big coward. You'd think that a simple trip to the vet could scare a humongous dog like Beethoven. 

"Everything's going to be okay, Beethoven. It's just a checkup" Kali comforted the scared st bernard while petting him from under the chairs he was hiding. 

"Yeah, buddy. I go to the vet for a checkup all the time" Lucky added, trying to help calm his friend down. 

"I don't know, guys..." Beethoven was still uncertain and scared. "Are you sure they're not gonna yell out those sudden commands to me? And only feed me that disgusting low fat diet?" the nervous st bernard kept rambling. 

"Dude... you're thinking about that strict military themed dog obedience school George tried to take you to" Lucky interrupted, telling his friend.  

"Oh..." Beethoven said in realization now. "Okay then" the large st bernard got up, seeming less nervous about the vet now. 

The family was soon taken back in another separate room, waiting when the veterinarian, Dr Herman Varnick, soon came in. 

"Mr. Newton, I'm Dr Varnick" He introduced himself to George, before coming over to see Beethoven. "And this must be Beethoven"

The Newton kids nodded yes, when Dr Varnick then noticed Kali and Lucky.