Chapter 10

A Few Days later~ 

"The final chapter of a horror story for animal lovers concluded at County Courthouse today. Ruth Walters has the details" A newsman reported. 

"Animal lovers everywhere-" 

"Hey, it's us!" The twins pointed out as both Newton and Harpercop families were in the Newtons living room, watching the evening news on the TV with their dogs. 

After that night rescuing Beethoven and all the other dogs, Varnick, Vernon, and Harvey were arrested for illegal animal abuse while the Newtons and Harpercops were praised as heroes. The two families had truly saved the day. 

"-When Dr. Herman Varnick and two associates were indicted on 123 counts of animal abuse" Ruth Walters reported on the TV. 

"Boo! Oh, hiss!" The kids glared once they saw Varnick appear on the TV, being taken away by the authorities. 

"And leading the cheers were the ring's unlikely captors... the Newton and Harpercop families of Valley Vista" 

The families cheered and their dogs barked, seeing the recording of themselves on TV earlier that day. 

"I had no choice but to do what I did" George spoke to the newscrew on the TV from earlier that day. "Beethoven is not just some dog that wandered in off the street. He's a member of our family and we love him very much"

"Have you always been a dog lover?" Ruth Walters asked George. 

"Uh..." George paused for a moment, knowing he was on camera. "Well, you know, maybe not as much as now. Thank you"

Beethoven and the dalmatians then barked as they were given a turn with the microphone. 

"This is Ruth Walters reporting from County Courthouse" 

Beethoven barked once again as the news show had concluded and the rest of the families all clapped and cheered. 

"Okay, guys" Alice turned the TV off. "Let's go to bed" 

"Aw, do we have to?" The Newton kids complained. 

"It's been a long day" Alice told her children.  

"We better be getting home as well" Jane told her family, standing up from the couch with Walter. 

"Aw, man" The twins complained. 

The families said goodnight to each other while the dalmatians siblings said goodnight to Beethoven, telling him they'd see him tomorrow as always. 

Just before the Newtons headed off to bed, Ryce got a call from her crush, Mark, asking her if she'd like to go to a movie on Friday. 

The Harpercop family came home into their house, all going to bed knowing they had did another job well done, keeping a family together. 

As Kali and Lucky got into bed, the young dalmatian wondered about something. 

"Do you think this is the end?" Lucky looked up at Kali. 

"What do you mean?" Kali asked her dog, while pulling the covers up. 

"That this was our last adventure with Beethoven" Lucky looked to his owner. 

Kali paused for a long moment before smiling to Lucky and replied. "... I doubt it" 

The dog and girl chuckled to each other, smiling before they went to bed. 

"Good night, Lucky" The adventure girl patted her dog on the head before turning off her lamp and going to sleep while Lucky was curled up on the end of her bed. 

At the Newtons house~

"Good night, honey. Good night. Sleep tight" George and Alice said to each other as they got into bed. 

"Good night, Beethoven" George said to their dog, who was now sleeping on the end of their bed. 

The Newtons were soon saying good night to all the other dogs they had rescued, who were all sleeping in their bedroom. 

THE END