Chapter 9

Back at the Newtons home that night, George was talking with Alice out on the porch, wondering if he did the wrong thing while they looked over to the empty dog kennel. 

Alice said that Beethoven made their house real. He put the dents in it. He loved everyone in the family... even George. 

Meanwhile, the other dalmatians were starting to worry, telling their owners Lucky should've been back by now. Thinking something bad had happened to him. 

Jane and Walter soon joined George and Alice on the porch while the couple argued that maybe Beethoven didn't bit the vet and Emily was really protesting on her side of the story. Something just didn't make sense. 

"Honey, please. Can't we just go down there and talk to him?" Alice asked her husband they should talk with Dr Varnick. 

"What do you want me to do?" George asked, getting up to demonstrate a idiotic scene of him talking with Varnick. "Dr. Varnick, are you sure you didn't hit our dog? Oh yes, Mr. Newton, I just remembered I did hit your dog. Come on!" 

"You come on, George" Alice told her husband. "It'd make me feel better. Let's just go" 

Just then, the kids opened the back door, coming outside to the adults after eavesdropping in on their conversations again. 

"I'm coming with you" Ryce said to her parents.  

"So are we" Ted and Emily added. 

"Us too!" The twins piped up.  

"We're all going with you" Kali told the adults sternly, not taking 'no' for an answer. 

Soon, both families came down to the vets office and knocked on the door. Dr Varnick answered. He was surprised to see the families back here. 

"I'm terribly sorry about this" George apologized to the vet once he opened the door. 

"We want our dog back! Yeah! Where's Beethoven?" The kids started to make a fuss with the supposedly evil veterinarian.   

"Alright, kids, let Daddy/Mr Newton handle this" Alice and Jane told their children.  

"What can I do for you?" Varnick asked the families, trying to sound calm and natural.  

"We want our dog back!" Ryce yelled. 

"And my dog Lucky is missing too. I know you have him!" Kali added while glaring at Varnick.  

"I don't know what you're talking about" Varnick said to the tomboy, pretending to act all innocent. Then told the Newton family "And I'm terribly sorry, but it's too late. The dog's been destroyed" 

"No! Dad!?" The Newton kids were in worry. 

"Now, wait a minute" George said. "I was told this wouldn't happen until tomorrow" 

"Then Beethoven must still be here" Walter spoke up at realization. 

"I don't believe you!" Ryce glared at Varnick and ran inside. 

"Ryce!" Alice called out to her oldest daughter while Varnick grabbed her. 

"Hey! Hey! Take your hands off her!" George told Varnick to let go of his daughter while they got in a short scuffle. "What are you-"

George realized he had a hold of Varnick's arm, (the one Beethoven supposedly bit) and rolled up his sleeve, seeing that their were no bite marks. 

"I told you he was lying!" Emily said to the rest of the family. 

Everyone else glared at this evil man while George said to him. "What the hell are you trying to pull?!". Both families then ran to the back room.