CHAPTER 8- MAKEOVER.

This chapter is dedicated to @samrakanwal2 for the amazing cover.

..............

Silence. She hated it. If he was shouting and yelling, she knew what to expect, but the silence. She detested it. It irritated her.

His expression gave out nothing but it spoke volumes. It was blank. He sat on the chair, legs crossed, his middle and second fingers on his right intertwined, while his left fingers tapped at his thighs.

"Did you enjoy your outing?"

Was that a trick question?  Yet she answered.

"Yes" he quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes sir " saying that made her feel disgusted.

"Follow me " he stood up and she followed. He led her to the part of the mansion which he told her not to enter. When he opened it she frowned, the room was empty. Too empty .....as though something was hidden in it.

"Kneel and close your eyes"  she knew better than to protest before she did as he asked. The punishment was ridiculous and she wondered why she was scared. When the first whip came she knew why.

Her husband was sick! .

After beating her, she was sure that her clothes were torn and her back was bleeding. She knelt there and waited. She waited for the devil to move, to do something, say something.  Anything! .

But he didn't. Instead, he watched her kneel in front of him until she started falling unconscious.

In her weak state, she heard something almost like a voice speaking to someone drowning in an ocean.

"Never disobey me"

...................

It was as though the weather was in accordance with Emielia emotion. It was a gloomy day, the sky was gray and everywhere was dark and quiet. Everything and everyone around her seemed dead just like how she was on the inside. The recall of her past that she had in form of a dream was taking a great toll on her.

She was in the office that belonged to both herself and Keith and she was actually glad that she had a moment of peace to herself as Keith had left to'see what the old man is up to' , his words not hers.

If she had felt that she was looking like an high school good girl  yesterday, today she felt and looked like a dead mouse. With her hair scattered and loose which showed signs of it not being brushed and her face looking as though she fought a battle with someone fifteen times her size, she would probably fit into the stone era.

She flinched when a loud bang on her table brought her back to reality. She looked up and saw Keith scowling down at her.

"How long have you been standing there?" She asked before looking at the things he slammed on her table.

"Long enough to know that you have been day-dreaming on duty " he said and she hummed as she wondered why he dropped stacks of letter on her table.

"What is this? "She asked ignoring his earlier comment. He gritted his teeth and glared at her as though he had dug her grave for her.

"Are you blind? Can't you see that its a letter? "He asked before walking to his seat.

"I know that captain obvious. What is the letter about?" He didn't answer so she turned to look at him, only to see that he was resting on his chair with his eyes closed.

"So you can sleep on duty but I cant day dream on duty?" She asked. He opened an eye before answering; "I'm the boss"

"Answer my previous question"she demanded and he opened his eyes before glaring at her for ruining his sleep.