Old Fasioned Man

Once everyone got back from hunting Edward was immediately in a bad mood. Hearing Renesmee's happy thoughts he was mad knowing Jacob asked without his permission.

"What's wrong?" Bella asked.

"Jacob." He said flatly.

"What did he do this time?" She asked confused.

Just the. Renesmee came bounding down the stairs and into her mothers arms shoving her hand into her line of sight.

"Look Mom!" She squeaked happily.

Bella smiled at her daughter and thought her heart tightened at the sight of the ring she knew this made her happy.

"Oh my! When did he do that?" Bella asked trying to hide how shocked and fearful this made her.

"Like an hour ago. Isn't it beautiful?" She gushed.

"It's very pretty sweetie." Bella said kissing her forehead.

"Let me see!" Ezrah said.

Renesmee laughed and held her hand out for him to see.

He frowned. You know Dad won't be happy.

Renesmee's smile faded and she took his hand.

Why? She thought to him.

Jacob didn't ask. You know dad is an old fashioned man. He's just trying to keep it together for your sake. He knows this makes you happy and he's trying to not ruin the moment for you. Ezrah pointed out.

She frowned and looked over to her day. He gave her a slight smile. Confirming her brothers words.

How mad is he? She asked.

He's going to have a talk with Jacob later. But nothing you should truly worry about. You know how dad is when it comes to you. Ezrah thought. Smirking at her.

She dropped his hand and rolled her eyes.

She looked at her dad. And he gave her the same small smile.

Bella on the other hand was furiously looking at Jacob.

Edward appeared by Renesmee quickly.

"Your brother is not wrong. But I will keep in mind that this makes you happy. And all I want for you is the be happy." Edward said pulling her into a tight hug.

"I know Daddy." She said laying her head on his chest.

"Please don't make me a grandfather anytime soon. I don't even look old enough to have a daughter to marry off." He chuckled.

"In that case Dad you'll never be ready." She said awkwardly.

"What are you thinking?" He asked her confused by her random thoughts.

"Nothing." She smiled. He frowned. She'd learned that from Alice. To occupy her mind to hide her thoughts from him.

"Renesmee what is it?" He asked suddenly more serious.

"I'll tell you later. First I need to go find Jacob, we have some things to discuss." She said with a bright smile.

He dropped his arms and let her go. A scowl across his face.

First Jacob proposed to his daughter without his permission now she's hiding things from him.