Dad

Edward sat in Carlisle's office filling out paperwork when his phone rang. Before it could finish the first ring he had answered it.

"Yes love?" He asked.

Is there any way you can be home in say the next thirty minutes? She asked.

"Yes is something the matter?" He asked curiously.

You will find out when you get here but I'm serious Edward. Thirty minutes. She said seriously.

"Can I be earlier than that? Bella you're scaring me." Edward said seriously.

No. Nobody is hurt. Renesmee just won't be out of the shower before then. Just finish your work and come home please. She said softly. Trying not to upset him more.

"Okay. I'll be there soon." He said.

I love you Bella said softly.

"I love you too." He said and hung up the phone.

"Edward what's the matter?" Carlisle asked.

"Bella's asked me to come home in thirty minutes. But won't tell me what's going on." He said with a worried look.

"Did she sound worried?" Carlisle questioned.

"She was using that voice. The one that she uses when she knows something that's going to upset you but doesn't want to be the one to say it. If she's pregnant again I'm not going to be mad. Do you think that's what she is going to tell me?" He asked.

"I don't know son." Carlisle murmured.

"It's going to take me four minutes to get home and it's already been fifteen. That's still eleven minutes early." He huffed.

"You could go get Nessie some of those jelly filled donuts she likes. That will take off another seven minutes then you'll be fine." Carlisle chuckled.

Edward rolled his eyes and grasped his keys.

But the time he made it home it was two minutes early but he didn't care. He could smell Jacob and Renesmee. Hear their heartbeats. But their minds were gone.

"Bella?" Edward said and she was there immediately.

"Hi." She said with a small smile.

"Why are you shielding their minds?" He asked confused.

"Oh you'll see." Bella murmured pulling him into the house.

Edward walked through the door and saw Jacob sitting in the corner looking like he was deep in thought. But irritatingly enough the couldn't hear them.

"Hi Dad." Renesmee said with her towel wrapped head.

"Hey Nessie." He said watching as she chewed her lip nervously.

"What's going on? Why can't I hear your thoughts?" Edward asked thoroughly annoyed. 

"Mom's doing it for a reason." Renesmee said softly.

"What's the reason." He grumbled. As Jacob came and wrapped his arms around Renesmee's waist.

"We have something to tell you." Jacob explained.

"And we wanted to tell you before you read it in our minds and freaked out on us." She explained.

Bella squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Then tell me already." Edward said impatiently.

Renesmee looked at her mother who gave her a reassuring nod.

"Well Daddy you're going to be a granddaddy." She said softly.

Edward laughed.

"What's funny?" Jacob asked.

"I could have sworn my daughter just told me she's knocked up." Edward chuckled.

"She did Edward." Bella said softly. Bella sighed when she saw the recognition in his eyes and fury replacing his humored look.

"What?" He hissed turning towards Jacob.

Bella pulled Renesmee into her arms.

"Wasn't on purpose man, it just kind of happened." Jacob said backing up holding his hands out.

"First you ask her to marry you without my permission then you knock her up before you can marry her?" He growled. Renesmee screamed when she saw her fathers fist make contact with Jacob's face. And the sickening crunching sound that followed.

"Shit!" Jacob said holding his now broken jaw.

"Edward." Bella said sternly.

"Dad stop!" Renesmee cried. But Edwards fist landing in Jacob's gut. Again followed by more sounds of bones breaking.

"Mom make him stop." Renesmee sobbed.

Bella looked sadly at her daughter and went to put herself between him and Jacob.

"Bella move." Edward said seriously.

"No. That's enough. Call your father so he can come help him then maybe you can gain your daughters respect back." Bella said sternly.

Edward looked at his daughter as she cried clutching Jacob's bloody and broken body.

"Nessie." He whispered.

She glared up at him.

"I hate you." She growled.