Chapter 4

The day was uneventful. There was a small get together at their house to celebrate gerard's return home.

He watched as the people filtered in and then out of his home. They would approach gerard awkwardly, shake his hand, and give him a sympathetic smile.

He felt weak and pathetic. Everyone saw him as hero. He only say himself as a coward.

Finally, frank approached gerard and crouched in front of him. He reached out a hand but pulled it back after hesitation.

"Hey baby, everyone is gone," frank spoke softly. Gerard just nodded and stared at his fingers.

Frank sighed and stood, pulling gerard up with him. He wrapped gerard in a gentle hug, kissing his forhead.

"What do you need gee? What can i do for you?" Frank whispered.

Gerard shrugged, "nap?"

Frank nodded and took them to the bedroom, laying gerard on the bed and curling next to him.

Gerard really tried to sleep this time. After not sleeping at all last night, his energy was at an all time low and he could barely keep his eyes open.

After about an hour, he finally fell into a deep sleep with frank snoring contently next to him.

His mind flashed to images of the war, of people screaming and running away from the enemy. He couldn't move. He saw the beasts coming for him and yet he stood paralyzed.

Then it turned to mikey. He was crouched over the man as he wheezed and called faintly for help. Suddenly a man, more of a tall dark figure, was standing over them. He was holding a gun and aimed it at gerard's beloved brother. A loud shot rang out and gerard screamed. He launched at the man and wrapped his long fingers around his throat. He screamed in his face and squeezed his hands tighter. He figure was struggling and trying to pry gerard off of him when he heard a small whimper.

"Gerard! Please!"

Gerard's eyes snapped open to reveal a disheveled frank gasping below him. He scrambled off the bed and pressed himself against the wall, far away from frank.

Frank writhed around as he struggled to catch his breath, his lungs threatening to fail him.

He finally caught his breath and looked at gerard with pure terror in his eyes. Neither of them said anything until gerard mumbled "i'm so sorry," and ran out.

He didn't know what came over him. He would never intentionally hurt frank. Gerard walked along the sidewalk, the black sky barely illuminated by the moon and the stars. He didn't really know where he was, but he didn't care. Gerard stopped once found an old looking playground, making his way over the swings and plopping down.

He couldn't believe what he did to frank. Did frank hate him now? Was he going to leave him?

Gerard began to cry the harder than he had ever before. He sobbed into the darkness as leaves swirled around him. He looked around and sniffled and realized that in more ways than one, he was lost.

•••

if you guys have any comments or suggestions on how i should write feel free to let me know:)