Chapter 6

Rose's Point of View

All that training that I made Lissa take all these years it was worth it. We made sure that her endurance was close to the same as a guardian. She was able to run the same distance and even more at the same speed as us. I wanted to make sure that if anything like this were to happen she would be able to run and run far.

"We should keep going, we aren't safe in the darkness" Lissa yelled as she ran with us.

"We are almost at my mom's," Viktoria said as she signaled to make a turn still on high alert.

As we continued to run, the surroundings started to get familiar. We were close to the Belikov's house. The circle was kept around Lissa and me, but the more we ran, the more I felt I was getting my strength back. Even though it was still pitch black outside, the surroundings looked just like I remembered. Viktoria quickly opened the door, and Olena was taken by surprise as she saw all of us come in.

" What's going on?"Olena asked in Russian.

Viktoria started to update her mother on what happened and how we ran all the way over here. Lissa laid on the couch trying to regain her breathing.

"That's horrible" Olena replied as she saw all of us and walked to the kitchen.

Olena quickly came out with water for all of us, and we all gladly took it. I faced the window staring outside as the sun was coming up, which I was glad to see.

"Were safe" I thought to myself as I placed my head on the wall and closed my eyes.

The pain in my head was suddenly hitting me, as the adrenaline rush was calming down. It wasn't the pain from the Shadowkissed abilities; it was evidently something else. All I wanted was to be able to sleep now and get back home.

"Roza" I heard someone call me.

I turned around, and my mother-in-law was standing in front of me, with a warm smile. I tried smiling at her even though my head was in withering pain.

" You should get some rest, take Dimitri's room," she said to me in Russian.

Being with Dimitri for ten years I had no other choice than learn Russian. Which now I'm glad I learned as I was able to understand what she said.

" We can regroup in an hour," I said as I looked at the guys who all nodded.

I started to go up the stairs and quickly found his room. As I was going to open the door, I felt this sharp pain in my head that made me stop.

"What is this?" I asked myself as I opened the door and walked into a familiar place.

I started to walk to the bed slowly as the pain that I was feeling every time I moved only made it worse. As I reached the bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was gone.

For the first time in a long time, I was able to sleep, without having Dimitri next to me.

"Rose " I faintly heard someone call me.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Olena sitting in the corner of the bed. She smiled at me as she passed her hand through my face.

" Are you feeling better? "She asked me looking at me concerned.

I sat up and looked at her, giving her eye to eye contact even though the ghost were around us.

"I've been better," I said I smiled back.

I got up from the bed stretching and walked to the living room with her as I was somewhat hungry. As I walked into the living room some of the guys were still sleeping in air mattresses all looking very tired. Just by looking at them I didn't want to wake them up, they deserved the rest. As I followed Olena into the kitchen, I was able to smell something that brought a smile to my face, black bread. The I quickly sat in one of the island chairs and began to eat; you were able to hear movements.

"How I've missed this!" I said to Olena as I kept eating.

Slowly the guys started to walk in one by one and Olena began to feed them. She had the heart for serving others, and she didn't mind cooking for a village. We all stood in silence as we were all enjoying the food that was before us. After I was done, I left the guys to eat in the kitchen, and I sat in the living room. As I sat on the sofa and took a deep breath, Eddie came right behind me and sat next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder, and we kept silent for a few.

"How are you feeling?" Eddie asked breaking the silence.

I picked up my head looking at him, wanting to say no that I wasn't OK. But if I tried to lie, he would most definitely know that I was lying. Ever since the first time we began to work together, nearly ten years ago we had got to know each other. He was able to tell if I was lying and I could do the same with him.

"I've been better" I responded back to him.

Eddie only looked at me and nodded, one of the good things about him; he doesn't pressure you into talking. He knew that if I were ready to talk I would let him know what was on my mind.

"So what's the plan ?" he asked.

" we need to make it back to the states, handle whatever happened here back at home," I said as I kept my head on his shoulder.

" what happened out there ?" He asked the burning question.

" It seemed planned almost. They had the numbers which made it more suspicious. Strigoi never work in teams as they did back there. I haven't had to use you know what in almost ten years. They knew to push me enough to get me to rely on it." I said to us.

My mother-in-law didn't know that I was a Dhampir/Shadow Kissed. That I have half a foot in the land of the dead, and the other half in the living. I've been able to hide it well throughout the years even though the headaches have gotten stronger. The spirit madness I've been able to control sometimes, but nothing to be worried her about. I'm thankful that my children didn't inherit it, it would kill me to see them suffer what I go through.

"Let's go home" I patted his leg before I got up to check on Lissa.