Part five; hungover

Previously.

(10.45pm)

Opening my eyes slowly, it didn't take me long to realise where I was, and who I was lying next to. Turning over, I grimaced at the sight of my clothes lying across the chocolate coloured rug.

"You alright?" Zayn asked. He was sat upright with his back against the wooden headboard. As I tried my best to ignore the fact that he was shirtless, I nodded shyly.

"Yeah." I finally announced, feeling embarrassed as we had made such a mess of his bedroom. My things were literally covering the entire floor space, my bag just casually centre of things.

As I pulled myself up into an upright position and covered myself with the bedsheets, I managed to get a grip of my phone that was abandoned on the bedside table. Another message alert soon flashed up on the screen. Four missed calls and two texts.

Unlocking the phone, the two messages glared at me. The light from the phone was bright, which made me jump a little as I squinted at the iPhone.

-Soph, are you okay? Ring me when you get this please xx

-Hi, just checking you got my last message. Ring me please, I'm worried xx

Self pity churned in my stomach as I realised Daniel's name was at the top of the thread of messages. He was worried sick about me, and here I was in my boss' bed.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. It's getting late and I still have to drive home." I babbled on. I wasn't very good when it came down to making excuses for myself.

"Aww, can't you at least stay for another half an hour?" Zayn pleaded, sticking out his bottom lip pretending to  be hurt.

"Um, no I'm sorry." I coughed, not even bothering to laugh at Zayn's last comment. Stumbling out of the bed, I realised suddenly that the wine was still flowing through my system. At that moment in time, I also noticed the pounding in my head.

I fell to the floor like a complete wreck as I tried my best to dress myself. My eyes hurt from the amount I'd had to drink, and my head felt as though it was being smacked repeatedly with a shovel.

"Oh dear, let's get you sorted." Zayn laughed. I made no attempt to move, even though my tights were only half way up my knees as he jumped out of the king sized bed and crawled across the floor towards me. I smiled politely as he helped me place my things into my bag.

"Thanks." 

The room was silent as I attempted to stand up for a second time. Zayn took my hand like a true gentleman, even though I probably looked a complete state. Catching sight of myself in the large mirror that was hanging on the dark wall, I felt quite embarrassed. I looked as though I had been dragged through a bush backwards.

"I can't let you drive home in this state." Zayn declared, picking the remaining items of junk off the floor and handing them over. I took them from him gently, pushing them into my bag as I shoved my hair out of my eyes and behind my ears.

"I guess you're right." I admitted reluctantly. I was still probably over the limit to be able to drive anyway.

"How about you sleep it off in the spare room? I'll drive you home later if you want." 

I nodded, too exhausted to even speak. I was never drinking again.

Zayn took my hand again and led me across the landing into a room full of various boxes. In the middle of all the chaos was a single bed. I approached it willingly, flinging myself on to it as soon as I neared it.

"Night, love." Zayn whispered in my ear. He kissed me on the cheek before leaving me alone. Leaving the room, he flicked off the light and headed back to his own room.

What had I done?