Chapter 4

*Nicki's POV*

It's now time for me to go meet Terrance in Times Square cause I know if I miss this, he'll hire someone to hurt me bad, or he may do it himself. I put on some black nike sweat pants and a black hoodie. I then pull my hair into a ponytail on top of my head. Before I leave, I look in the mirror, and I see someone that I don't even recognize looking back at me. The person staring back at me looks depressed, tired, sad, and like she just wants to end it all. I shake my head, watching my reflection do the same thing. Walking away from my mirror, to disgusted to look at myself anymore, I grab my white purse with gold chains. I creep down the stairs because I don't want Beyoncé to wake up and worry about where I'm going and if I'm going to be okay. As I reach the kitchen, I see Bey standing there with a worried look on her face staring at me.

"So, you're really going through with this huh?" She asks as she sips on her milk.

"Bey, I have to. You and the baby could really get hurt and I will die if I don't go meet him. I just don't want anything to happen to y'all." I say as I look around the counter for my keys.

"Nic, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my baby, and I want you to come with me. You got raped, and you need to make sure everything is straight down there." She says pointing to my area.

"Bey one thing I know about Terrance is that he does not have any STDs. I promise you that one. He would always be getting checked when we went through our fling. Never had anything, and he's not the type to go screw a bunch of females. It was always just me and this other chick he'd mess around with." I say swatting her pointed finger away.

"ah" She says unsurely and raising her eyebrows as she slightly tilts her head back.

I know she doesn't believe me, so I grab my keys, kiss her on the cheek, and get in my car. As I am driving, I get stuck behind this wreck, so I know I'm going to be late to go meet up with Terrance. I decide to text him before he flips shit and thinks I dipped on him.

Me: T, I'm stuck behind a wreck, so I'm going to be a little late meeting you.

Terrance: Nah fam, turn around and meet me at 56 West 47th Street. it's one of my boys house.

Me: K.

"Ugh." I say to myself.

With a lot of putting my car in drive and reverse, I am able to head the opposite way. As I'm passing all of the restaurants, stores, and clubs , I see people walking out with there friends, family, and partners laughing away and giggling. It really does break my heart that I'll probably never feel the happiness that they are feeling because of Terrance. Why can't he just leave me alone? Why couldn't he find someone else to do his dirty work? I'm trying to be clean and live a happier and better lifestyle and someone always has to come and fuck it up. After 30 more minutes of driving, I arrive at this house. You could tell by the old burnt looking wood and the shattered windows with nothing but a piece of tarp over them that this was a trap house.

"Great." I sigh as I walk up to the door.

I knock on the door softly so the people inside don't think I'm a cop, and some tall, really skinny guy opens the door. 

"Sup, you here for Terrance?" She asks as he blows smoke from weed in my face.

I let out a small cough and not my head.

"Yo T! Your cuttie wit da big booty here! He yells shifting his head toward the back of the house. "Go have a seat on the couch." He says gesturing for me to come in while still holding the door open for me.

"Thanks." I say as I walk over to the torn red couch.

I sit down, and I see nothing but cut up crack on the cherry wood coffee table that's in front of me. I turn my head toward the kitchen, and there's meth being cooked. I look down for about 2 minutes wondering how the fuck I got back into this. All of a sudden, I feel something soft rub against my jacket. I look to my side, and there is a little grey kitten purring and looking at me. It's eyes screamed 'help me', but I was not about to steal a drug dealers cat. I pet him for a few seconds, and five guys walk up, all smoking blunts. One of them was Terrance.