Chapter 5

*Beyoncé's POV*

Nicki and I are at my doctors appointment for the baby, and she will not leave my side because she's so worried something will happen to me.

"Nic, you ready for that in a few months." I laugh as I point to the screaming kid on the ground.

"Huh?" She asks picking her head up.

"Were you sleeping just now?" I ask looking at her blood shot eyes.

"Yeah Bey, I'm sorry. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was worried about someone breaking in." She says as she rubs her eyes.

I shake my head, and I run my hands through her kinky curls. I place her head on my shoulder and massage her scalp.

"Go to sleep." I say.

As she is sleeping, I begin to look around the waiting room. it's freaking packed in here. I see all kinds of different stages of children. There's newborns to 6 years. I can't wait to grown along side my child. I place my free hand on my stomach and begin to feel how hard it is. I smile, and a woman sitting next to me smiles at me. She looks Indian. She has a beautiful olive complexion along with really clear skin. Her long black hair flows to the middle of her back, and her brownish eyes match her skin tone almost perfect. 

"First one?" She asks.

I not my head and smile at her.

"I remember all those emotions coming into the doctor when I first found out I was pregnant. You see kids screaming and crying, babies hollering, and all you can think about is 'I hope my kid won't be like that'. But let me tell you, your kid will end up like that." She says laughing and picking up her screaming toddler and crying baby.

I laugh at her remark, "How do you do it with two? I don't even know if I'm ready for one." I say.

"Oh you get used to it. You start to learn you children's cry. they have a hungry cry, a cry when they are in pain, a cry just to cry. You'll learn the basics and you'll be able to ignore some of their cries." She says as she puts the toddler back down so he can go play in the children's area.

I not, and as I am bout to say something else, the doctor calls my name, so I just smile at her and nod.

"Onika!" I say patting her cheek.

"mmmm." She says waking up.

"Come on." I say.

I stand up and pull her out the chair. We walk to where the doctor is, and he gets us in a room.

"Doctor Willis will be right with you." He says.

"It's a female right?" I ask.

He nods and walks out the door. Nicki and I sit in the two chairs next to the bed with the stirrups. I grip her hand tightly because I'm so nervous about this visit. 

"I want to see the baby! Do you think they'll do an ultrasound?" Nicki asks.

"Yes they are." I say looking down at my belly. "I'm going to be fat." I say as tears form in my eyes.

All of a sudden tears start streaming down my face. I look at Nicki, and she's looking at me like I'm stupid.  she has her lip quirked up and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Which one is the mother?" She asks.

"The one crying cause she's going to be fat." Nicki says as she begins laughing.

"Awe It's not fat, your going to have a lot of amniotic fluid." Doctor Willis says as she grabs my had and lays me on the bed.

She shifts my feet on the stirrups and opens my legs a little. I get a little uncomfortable, and Nicki could tell.