Dinner Party

Mike was driving his black roadster to Tracey's apartment. He was happy she accepted his invitation to Micky's, and couldn't wait to see her. It had only been a few days, but he actually missed her, and she was the first thing on his mind when he woke up and the last thing he thought about when he fell asleep. He was even thinking up excuses to call her, but didn't want to come on too strong. He thought dinner with friends would be more low-key, and he knew Micky liked her, so there was no pressure for her to fit in.

Tracey heard a knock at her door, and she immediately felt the butterflies scatter in her stomach. 'What the hell is wrong with me?' she asked herself, trying to calm down.

She opened the door and saw Mike in his Triumph t-shirt, blue jeans, and his tan suede fringe boots.

"Hey there, little darling," he said in his Texas twang.

Tracey wanted to faint.

"Hey there, cowboy," she playfully responded, as she put her arms around his neck, and he knelt down for a sweet kiss.

The ride to Micky's was interesting, as both Mike and Tracey seemed to not want to keep their hands off each other. Mike slid his hand between Tracey's smooth, tan thighs, and Tracey placed her hand on Mikes lap. When there was a stop light, he would always lean to kiss her, and it made Tracey laugh every time. She loved this playful side of him.

When they got to Micky's, Mike opened the door for her, and then grabbed her hand to help her out of the roadster. The walked hand in hand to the huge, looming mansion. Tracey's nerves started to make her stomach hurt. Mike noticed her facial expression change from pure joy to dread.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Mike asked, a look of concern on his face.

"I...I don't know, I just have never been to a huge mansion like this before. Am I even dressed right for this?"

Mike took Tracey's face in his hands and said "You have nothing to worry about, you look absolutely beautiful tonight."

Tracey had planned on looking dressier, but when she saw Mike dressed casually, she decided to change into white shorts and a blue halter top. He said Micky and his wife were very down to earth, hippies, and they weren't very formal.

They walked up to the door and Micky greeted them with a warn smile and gave Tracey a hug and a kiss on the cheek. His wife, Samantha, also greeted Mike and Tracey with a hug.

"Oh, so your Mike's girl, huh?" Samantha said, as she looked over at Mike and smiled.

Tracey felt a rush of heat in her face, looked up at Mike, and said "Yeah, I guess so."

Mike gave her a wink and then she wanted to die. 'Did she just say I'm "Mike's girl"?'

Mike put his arm around Tracey's shoulders, which felt comforting. They made their way to the back patio, and it was just the four of them. Micky offered them something to drink as Samantha brought out the food.

"So, Samantha, did I tell you Tracey here is from Chicago, and she has a killer blues voice," Micky said.

"Oh really? I would love to come see you sometime," Samantha said, smiling and looking over at Tracey.

"Well, I wouldn't say 'killer blues voice,' but I'll take the compliment," Tracey said jokingly to Micky as she clinked his glass with hers.

"Ah, stop being so modest. The blues king over there can't stop talking about ya," Micky said, gesturing with his drink towards Mike.