Never My Love

Mike drove Tracey back to the spot where they first kissed, on a cliff overlooking the city.

"What are we doing here? I thought we were going home?" Tracey said, looking confused. She had her eyes closed the entire ride from the bar, feeling drained and tired from the days unexpected visitor.

Seeing Joe confirmed her feelings for Mike, and Joe was the first one to hear from her that she loved him. She wished she hadn't told him. She knew her feelings for Mike were growing serious, and she felt like telling him she loved him more than a handful of times, but didn't want to be the first one to say it.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Mike softly said to Tracey, looking very serious. He turned on the radio and "Never My Love" by The Association came on.

"Come with me," he said as he stepped out of his car.

Tracey stepped out of the car to join Mike, who was standing waiting for her. He took her in his arms and started slow-dancing, brushing the hair out of her face, kissing her on her forehead.

Mike then looked at her intently and said "There has been something I have been wanting to tell you for a while, you know..."

Tracey felt the butterflies again in her stomach. Mike was being so serious, and it was making her nervous.

"What do you want to tell me?"

Mike stopped dancing, and put his hands on Tracey's shoulders, his deep, brown, intense eyes looking into hers.

"The first night I saw you, I knew I loved you. When you sang, it felt like you were singing to my soul. You're the only woman who has ever had this effect on me. You stood there so beautiful, like a goddess, and I knew I had to talk to you. Every day since, my life has seemed brighter, you know? Like I have purpose again. You make me want to be a better man."

Tears started to well-up in Mike's chocolate eyes, and Tracey took her hands and wiped the tears off his face.

"I love you so much, Tracey. You're the only one for me," Mike said as he rested his forehead on hers, tears dripping down his face.

Tracey wiped the tears off his face and looked into his eyes and said "I'm so in love with you, Mike. You're the only man I want."

They kissed passionately, and grabbed each other in a warm embrace. They both cried happy tears, tears of relief that they had found each other, and they both felt the same way. Rain drops started to trickle down on them as they held each other in the heat of the night.

They sat back in his black roadster, where it all began for them, and Mike took out a new eight-track and popped it in his player. "Crimson and Clover" started playing.

"Ohhhh, I see what you're up to!" Tracey teased. "You think once this song comes on, you're going to get lucky like last time, huh?"

Mike gave her his sexy side-glance and said "Actually, last time you got lucky, and I just made a mess of myself."

A thunderstorm started outside, and just as it raged, so did Mike and Tracey's passion. They started to make-out heavily, and Tracey climbed on top of him and said "Now, it's your turn to get lucky."

###

Thanks for reading! I hope to publish a new Nesmith fanfiction soon :)