Ballad of Black and White

*WARNING. HERE BE SMUT. PROCEED ACCORDINGLY*

It was a beautiful evening outside, the excruciating heat of the day had faded into a balmy dusk. Murdoc had suggested that you go somewhere more private, and called a car to take the two of you to the hotel the band's managers had put them in for the weekend. You had implored Murdoc to walk, since it was such a nice night, but he made the point that it would attract far too much attention. The two of you had instead been picked up and dropped off at a discreet back door to the hotel, which was the nicest one in the city. The entire car ride was a blur of frantic pawing at each other without much talking.

You walked down a long hallway, you giggled and playfully tried to evade Murdoc's grabs at your body, until he grabbed your arm and pulled you into an open elevator door. He quickly hit a button, but you couldn't see which one it was, because he forcefully pressed you up against the wall and pinned your arms above your head. He let out that familiar low growl that made you weak in the knees and pressed his tall, lean body against yours and nuzzled at your neck.

That's very gentle of him, you thought. Who knew?

Then he promptly bit down on your shoulder with his sharp teeth.

You gasped just as the elevator doors opened and revealed the doors to the top floor suite. You felt in a bit of a daze. Was this for real? Murdoc let off of your wrists and pulled you rather quickly through the doors and into the room.

"I'll be right back, make yourself at home," he said, quickly kissing you.

Murdoc left you to walk into the kitchen and pull out a bottle of rum and two glasses. You glanced around the suite on the top floor of the hotel. It was easily the nicest hotel room you had ever, and probably would ever be in. You were beginning to sober up, and were having a difficult time processing everything that was happening. You wandered around the suite, running your hand along a wall, and taking it all in.

You heard a song that was vaguely familiar come over the speakers that were built into the walls of the suite. Then you realized that Murdoc had put on his Spotify playlist, which you had listened to a few times, and was playing "Ballad of Black and White" by Darlia. The band had made playlists and released them as part of the marketing for the Humanz album. You didn't realize that it was actually something they listened to.

"C'mon out here, luv," called Murdoc from the balcony.

You wandered onto the huge balcony, where Murdoc was leaning against the railing with two glasses of rum on the rocks. He handed one to you, and you leaned on the railing next to him, lightly touching your arm to his. The view was stunning, you felt like you could see forever, past the city lights and up into the mountains nearby. The two of you just stood there for a minute, taking in the view, and sipping on your rum. You took a deep breath and took in the fresh air high above the city below.

The playlist switched to "Don't Break My Heart" by UB40, and you giggled to yourself. Murdoc looked at you, questioningly.

"You know, the first time I heard this playlist of yours, I learned you're really just a big softie on the inside," you said. "You feel like you have to put on this persona of being a womanizer, this evil genius who doesn't need anybody, and an untouchable rock god. But your music tastes give you away."

Murdoc put down his glass of rum and turned on you, eyeing you menacingly. "You think I'm soft?" he growled.

Oh fuck, I crossed a line, you thought. You couldn't think of anything to say quickly enough, so you just bit your lower lip and slightly squinted your eyes at him, inches away from your face.