Another Brick In The Wall

You cautiously followed Murdoc into the back entrance of the concert venue. It felt wrong and forbidden to be back there, and you were intensely nervous about meeting the other band members.

"C'mon, luv," Murdoc encouraged, walking about 10 paces ahead of you, "Now or never, eh?"

You ran a few steps to catch up with him and found yourself on the stage of the venue, looking out at the seemingly never ending rows of empty seats. You stopped in your tracks and took a few steps back. The other band members were standing in a small circle chatting. Any semblance of composure you felt was gone. There stood 2D, incredibly tall with his 8 ball fractured eyes and blue hair, Russell, the hulk of a man with his glowing white eyes, and Noodle, tall and lanky, grown into a stunning woman just a few years younger than you. Murdoc walked casually up to them.

"Alright you lot, this here is (y/n), she's going to be hangin' out with me. If you don't like it, you can fuck off."

You jutted out a hip, smiled, gave a single wave, and managed to get out a single word, "Hi."

They all smiled at you, and Noodle walked up to you. "Hi, nice to meet you," she said. She put a hand on your shoulder and whispered in your ear, "Don't let this old grump boss you around. And I like your outfit." She gave you a wink and hopped off to the front of the stage. "C'mon Murdoc we're running late because of you!" she called back.

"Alright luv, gotta go work for a bit. Just...hang back here and take it all in," he said, squeezing your butt and pulling your hips to his. He leaned into you and kissed you deeply, slithering his long tongue into your mouth just enough to taunt you. He backed away from you as you leaned towards him for more before you caught yourself. He spread his arms out wide and walked backwards onto the stage, not breaking eye contact with you, with a to-die-for smug look on his face. He grabbed his bass off a stand and turned around to join the band.

You stood back behind the scaffolding watching the band as they played a few of their songs, and argued over a set list, continuing to work through more of their discography. You bobbed around to their set, quietly singing the words to each song.

After they had fleshed out a set list and worked through it, Murdoc turned around to you and shot you a sly smile. "Hey, you lot!" he said to the band, to get their attention. He didn't say anything else, but led directly into the distinctive bass line of "Another Brick In The Wall" by the one and only Pink Floyd. The band brought it together and launched into a stunning cover of the song, albeit 2D's voice was a little high. But Noodle's voice joining with his for the chorus was the thing dreams are made of.

At that moment, you remembered drunkenly discussing music with Murdoc the night before, and you remembered telling him how much you appreciated that your father got you into 70s rock bands, because they just don't make music like that anymore. But you didn't think you told him Pink Floyd was your favorite.

You stood slightly offstage, leaning against the scaffolding and feeling like you were having a slightly out of body experience. Murdoc looked so goddamn attractive, grinding into his bass and playing that sexy bass line. You felt yourself getting flustered. Had he listened when you talked? Was it just a song they played sometimes to get out something that wasn't their songs? They worked their way through the song, Noodle absolutely killing it on guitar, and when they finished, they all put down their instruments and walked back to where you stood.

Murdoc got to you first. "How was that Pink Floyd, luv?" he asked, giving you a seductive look and grabbing you around the waist.

"Incredible... how did you know?" you whispered breathily, still in disbelief.

"Oh come off it, they're the best 70s rock band there ever was!" he exclaimed, "Put British rock on the map!"