Chapter Six

Mark's P.O.V

  Well, it's High School. I seem happy, but disappointed at the same time. It's been years since Andy left us. Jessie has been mourning over him ever since, I think only in her heart. I've been beside her, to comfort her and everything. Alex has been doing the same thing. I have developed feelings for Jessie now. Andy left her and I was there for her. I comforted her when she feels sad.

  In Creative Writing, Andy came back. He sat in our group, beside Jessie. Alex and I grew angry because he didn't remember us. That douche! Ugh, I regret calling him that now. He left us and now he doesnt remember us?! What is wrong with him?!

  Andy stared at Jessie sometimes when she isnt looking.And Jessie would stare at Andy when he isnt looking. Ugh, I swear! My head would explode and I wont be able to work! Anyway, I sometimes would catch Alex frowning when Andy talks to Jessie. Do I get jealous? Does Alex get jealous? I mean, I love Jessie! Ive been there for her all these years!

  "Uh, Jessie?" I whispered to Jessie. She looked up at me and smiled.

  "Yeah? What is it?" She asked me. Her eyes were gazed into mine. Ugh, she's just beautiful. Peerless beauty! Why did I even call her? "Mark?"

  "Huh? Yeah?"

  "Why'd you call me?"

  Damn it. I forgot that I was the one who called her. "Right! Uh, I'll talk to you after class."

  "Okay."

  What was I suppose to say? I called her and now I don't even know what to say. I got distracted when she was calling me. I was too 'busy' staring at her when she actually is staring at me and calling me. How stupid am I?

   Alex and I escorted Jessie to her other classes, well technically Jessie and I have all periods together so... it was easier. Alex said he'll catch up with us at lunch. He gave Jessie a hug, a big hug. At first, I always thought Alex liked Jessie, but then I thought I was exaggerating but now I'm sure he does. He's always next to Jessie all these years. He hugs her and talks to her and even does the same thing Andy does. I'm kind of like the Third Wheel. She hardly pays attention to me, but when Alex goes to class, she talks to me every time like I was her second choice.

  Andy well, he doesn't remember us so he goes off to his other classes which are apparently the same as Jessie and I. He never was like that when in Elementary School.

  Next period was Science. Our science teacher was Mr. S. He's boring and I guarantee that I fall asleep in that class without even knowing. Jessie and I sit together like always. She never had any close gal friends, just me and Alex. If Andy remembered us then maybe it'll be four of us again like Elementary School. Today we were learning about our organs which will always grosses me out. Jessie pretends to gag like me. She's hilarious and beautiful. I didn't know if I will ever have a chance with Jessie. I bet Alex wants a chance with her, but he's too young. Only one year though. We've been there for her all these years. Andy left her! He broke her heart! Now it's too late to change it! I don't know if Jessie will forgive him for what's he done.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Alex, Jessie and I met up with each other in lunch. Alex had Leadership so he had lunch with us. Us three would hang at bleachers because we were always together. We didn't have any other friends. We saw Andy walking around in the basketball courts, surrounded by girls.

  "Ugh, don't worry ladies! He'll always be around to comfort you!" I said aloud that Andy and the girls could hear. "Not like he did for Jessie." I mumbled after. Jessie looked at me and playfully punched me.

  "Ow." I said after. Alex looked at me and Jessie and chuckled.

  I saw Andy approach us after he finished talking to the girls. He probably heard me yell. Good for him.

  "Hey guys." he said with a smile. Jessie looked at him like he was flirting with her. She smiled after every word he said like it brought her to joys. "And Mark. What was that about?" he asked as he looked at me.

  "What do you mean? What was what about?" I asked him, obviously knowing what he's talking about. I continued to stare at him like I didn't know what he was talking about.

  "You yelling across the basketball court when I was surrounded with girls." he answered. He made a confused expression and waited for an answer. I still continued to stare at him.

  "You know what? Never mind."

  "Yeah, it's better when you should leave us like what you did like last time, Andy." I answered sternly when Andy turned half ways. When Andy heard me say the words, he stopped. He scoffed and I knew it was too late to take back the hurtful words. He turned around to face us again.

  "What' your problem with me? Huh, Mark?" he asked. I smirked and then I felt a grip around my wrist. I looked down and saw it was Jessie. I looked at her eyes. They were filled with anger or something else. But whatever it was, they told me to stop and just let it go. I just couldn't. Now after what Andy did.

  "You left us, Andy! You left Jessie! Heartbroken and miserable! Just imagine one of those girls as Jessie! What would you do?!" I exclaimed towards Andy. He scrunched his eyebrows and took one step closer to me. I thought he was going to punch me.

  "I don't know what you're talking about, Mark! I never met you, Jessie or Alex in my childhood! I'm sorry! Okay!" he yelled back at me. He glanced at Jessie then Alex before he stormed off.

----------------------------------------------------------