Chapter 3

Recap

"I will find you again and i will kill her." I knew now that this was BOTH Leesa AND Lindee.....

*******************************

Hailey's POV

I smiled widely as Herold came out the front door, but it dropped as soon as I saw his face it seemed to be contorted with confusion, anger, and shock.

"Dad?Dad?!HEROLD!?!" I asked getting a little more worried each time I called his name.

"Oh sorry I'm just a little.... uh what do you call it... ummm...?" He seemed to be at a lose of words so I decided to help.

"Shaken up?"I finished for him.

"Yah that's it." He said almost as if were trying to hide something from me. I wonder if he is? would he? Well I'm going to find out.

"Is everything alright Dad?" I asked not sure if he was going to answer me truthfully or if he was going to 'lie' to me.

"No everything is not alright, we need to leave NOW!" He basically commanded me too get in the Hummer while he hooked up the tralior hitch to the Geep.

"Is there anything you need me to do?"I asked wanting to help him.

"No." He answered casually but quickly while I got in the car.

"Is there something your not telling me?" I questioned Herold as he was putting stuff on the roofs of the two cars.

"There are a lot of things I'm not telling you, but it's for the best." Herold stated flatly. I just nodded in response and he hopped in the car and started the engine. We drove in absolute silence for about 10 miles before I broke the silence by turning on the radio my favorite song Dark Horse by Kayt Perry was on!!! I squealled and Herold pulled over almost as if something was wrong but it wasn't DARK HORSE WAS ON THE RADIO!!!

Herold looked at me as if he had seen a ghost,"What's wrong?!" he said and I almost fanngirl screamed his ear drums out when I responded.

"Nothing wrong its just the fact thAT DARK HORSE BY KATY PERRY IS ACTUALL ON OUR RADIO STATION!!!!", and yes I said our because it was both Herold and mine's 'station'.

He let out a breath that he had seemed to be holding the moment I squealed."Thank the godde--I mean thank god nothing was wrong. You nearly gave me a heart attack I was worried out of belief that you forgot something because if Leesa found it she would... never mind that we need to ge-."

"NO! I'm tired all of these secrets and unfinished sentences!!" I interupted him. He now looked shocked at my outburst but quickly hid the shock in his expression and put on an its for the best face instead. I just frowned and looked away from him angry that I didn't get an answer. We pulled back onto the road after my outburst and all that was heard was the Radio.

"I'm sorry Dad I don't know what came over me I was just frusterated. I'm sorry. Where are we heading to anyways?" I asked now finding a new interest.

"California." my eyes grew in awe. We had been living in an abandoned old rickety house in the middle of a gang war that had been happening for several years and we were now moving to CALIFORNIA THE HOME OF HOLLYWOOD AND THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME!!

"A-are you s-s-serious!!??" He nodded a yes in response "Oh My Godde-i mean God sorry, but for real we're going to live in California, THE CALIFORNIA??" I was soooo happy right now that I was almost crying with joy. "I actually need to get some sleep all this excitement is making me tired." I yawned.