Chapter 14

"The Winner Takes it All"

(WARNING: REFERENCE TO SELF-HARM)

Lucy looked back, to see a certain Pink haired man running towards her. The Blonde crossed her arms over her chest, as her former lover began to slow down as he neared her. "Lucy, I need to talk to you about who's giving Wendy away." Natsu said, panting a bit. Lucy's eyes narrowed, as she gazed at Natsu. "That would be me," she stated simply, before walking away. She stopped, as a hand grabbed her by the forearm. Natsu gasped, as he felt odd scars on her forearm. "Lucy..." The said Blonde pulled her hand back, before sneering. "What do you want?" The Blonde hissed, clutching her arm close to her chest. "I want to know where Wendy's dad is, I want to know if he'll be the one to give her away!" Natsu exclaimed, emitting an irritated sigh from Lucy. "I told you! I'm the one giving her away, and not her father!" Lucy exclaimed, taking Natsu aback. "But... What about her dad?" Natsu asked, studying the Blonde's reaction. "Her dad, isn't here." Lucy said with disgust, as if the word was a disease never to be spoken of. "It's what she wants, she told me herself. She said, she wants her own father to give her away. What if... Her father wants that too..." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows, before shaking her head dismissively. "What? You what, Natsu. Now's not the time to talk about this... I can't hear this now!" The Blonde exclaimed, beginning to walk away.  "Lucy... Listen to me, this is about us..." Natsu stated softly, causing the said woman to stop in her tracks. "Us? Us ended years ago... There is no Us, okay?" Lucy stated firmly, tears threatening to fall down her cheeks. "Natsu... Please..." Lucy pleaded softly, causing the Pink haired man to look at her.

"I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through
Though it's hurting me
Now it's history~" Lucy held a hand up, as Natsu took a breath in. The wind blew around them, causing her Blonde hair to cover her face a few times. She looked away from him, as her gaze settles on the sun slowly disappearing in the horizon. Leaving beautiful colors of Pink and Golden Orange, with a slight tinge of Purple.

"I've played all my cards
And that's what you've done, too
Nothing more to say
No more ace to play~" Natsu placed a hand on her shoulder, wishing to understand her. The Blonde simply shrugged his hand off, and turned towards him.

"The winner takes it all
The loser standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny
I was in your arms~" Lucy took his hands in her own, squeezing them gently before letting go and breathing out a sigh.

"Thinking I belonged there
I figured it made sense
Building me a fence
Building me a home
Thinking I'd be strong there
But I was a fool
Playing by the rules~" The Blonde gestured to her former lover, before stepping away from him.

"The gods may throw the dice
Their minds as cold as ice
And someone way down here
Loses someone dear~" Lucy pointed to the sky, and placed her index finger by the side of her head. Natsu watched, as the Blonde sang her heart out. She clasped her hands together, and gave him a sad smile.

"The winner takes it all
The loser has to fall
It's simple and it's plain
Why should I complain?~" The Blonde began walking away, as Natsu continued to follow her.

"But tell me does she kiss
Like I used to kiss you?
Does it feel the same
When she calls your name?~" Natsu looked away, as Lucy faced him once more. He knew very well, who the Blonde was talking about. And he could sense the pain lingering in her voice, no matter how much she tried to cover it up.

"Somewhere deep inside
You must know I miss you
But what can I say?
Rules must be obeyed
The judges will decide
The likes of me abide
Spectators at the show
Always staying low~" She bit her lower lip, stopping the tears from falling. Natsu neared her, and gently placed a hand on her cheek.

"The game is on again
A lover or a friend
A big thing or a small
The winner takes it all~" Lucy then pushed him away, as tears began running down cheeks. She wiped them away with her sleeves, in a vain attempt to stop them.

"I don't wanna talk
Cause it makes me feel sad
And I understand
You've come to shake my hand~" Natsu winced slightly, as Lucy's hand gently shook his hand.

"I apologise
If it makes you feel bad
Seeing me so tense
No self-confidence, but you see~" Lucy removed her hand away from Natsu's, and placed her hands together. She gestured to herself, before running off.

"The winner takes it all
The winner takes it all
The game is on again
A lover or a friend
A big thing or a small
The winner takes it all
So the winner takes it all
And the loser has to fall
So the winner takes it all
And the loser has to fall~"  Natsu began to chase Lucy once more, running up towards the church's direction. Lucy allowed her shawl to blow along with the wind, as she ran up the hill. Natsu, not far behind her, watched in awe as the the last light from the sun hits Lucy's Blonde hair, making it glow a bit.

Before he even noticed it, Lucy was already by the church. While he was still far away, the Blonde wiped her eyes, as he leaned against the entrance. "Luce!" Natsu yelled, as the Blonde stared at him from above.

"The winner takes it...
All~" whispered Lucy, before turning away to meet up with the others inside.