The Scream - 03

Picture; Aleister Seymour and Fang

Aleister Seymour- POV;

"What should we do until school starts?" the black haired boy asked me.

"I don't really have a plan for that, Harry," I told him.

"Huh? Not so fun are you? You do seem like the cool, smart type though. By the way, where is Lucian?" Harry inquired.

"That overactive, hyper delinquent? He said he was going across to the girls' dorm," I responded.

"At eleven in the night?! Did he..... did he get through the one of them? He isn't going to have a fling is he? That idiot. Blackwood's going to kill him if she finds out," Harry muttered.

"It doesn't really matter to me. If he has to do his thing, that's his choice. Come here Fang!" I spoke nonchalantly.

Harry looked at me in silence before continuing, "Soooooooo...... why the dog exactly?" Fang lay with his head on my lap as I sat on my bed.

"Fang is somewhat of a service dog and therapy dog on top of that," I explained.

"Service dog? Do you have some kind of disorder?" Harry pried.

"Something like that," I laughed.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Harry and jumped from the sudden loud outburst. Fang sprung to his feet and paced anxiously by the door while he whimpered and growled.

"What the heck. It sounded like a girl!" Harry burst out.

"But their dorm is about ten minutes walk from here. There's no way it would sound so close......" I trailed off, deep in thought.

We rushed out of our room and saw that the other guys had the same idea.  The main hall was crowded and we shoved our way through to get out the front door.

"Where did the screan come from?"

"I don't know."

"This couldn't be some kind of prank could it?"

"Maybe. Who knows?"

Everyone had a million questions but no answers. We were both curious as well. Fang suddenly let out an agressive growl and sped off in one direction, leaving the gathering.

"Fang! Come on Harry. Let's follow him. He's got something," I stated as I dashed behind the canine. We quickly caught up to Fang who excitedly circled and tapped on a spot on the muddy ground.

"This smell.... It couldn't be..." I gulped as I turned on my phone's flashlight.

"Oh. My. God," Harry murmered. There lay a  trail made through the wet dirt evidently by dragging something through it. More importantly, a red, viscous fluid was smeared through it. Fang seemed eager to follow the path.

"Fang! Stay close!" I instructed and he complied despite his desires to give chase.

"Let's go back," I whispered.

When we approached the male dorm building it was apparent that at least double the numbers who were there when we left now stood present. The staff were trying to calm the students as the arrival of the girls only stirred rumour and worry because of the confusion.

"Calm down everyone! We are investigating the matter ourselves and until further notice I would like all of you to return to your rooms for both your safety and for that of our investigators. We would like anyone with information to step forward!" Ms. Blackwood boomed. A number of the students were taken to the library of the boys' dorm for questioning and it was at this point I stepped forward to speak with the Headmistress.