What Are You? - 08

Aleister Seymour - POV;

I opened my eyes groggily to the sensation of Fang's warm tongue gliding across my face. The dog whimpered loudly as he desperately tried to rouse me from slumber. I shook my head and forced my body up into a sitting position as my loyal companion lay his head and paws on my lap.

"Good boy," I said scratching behind his erect ears which seemed to be on high alert despite the apparent submissive nature he was displaying.

A quiet groan erupted from the distance. I shot to my feet and scanned the area for signs of the disruption. Seth lay face down, ever so slightly twitching to the far right of me. I kneeled beside him and shook his body hoping for some type of response. As far as I could tell, his pulse was still strong and his breathing normal.

I noticed Fang worriedly sniffing the boy's body as he paced back and forth. 'Fang has gained quite the trust in him,' I thought to myself, 'Can my suspicions be true? Is Seth a....... no. He doesn't seem to be. He does dress a bit rugged however. Perhaps?'

Seth flinched as Fang lay down near his head and the boy slowly raised his face off the Earth.

"Hey, you're with us again," I remarked with slight humour in my voice.

"Ugh. Yeah I guess. My head's killing me though. What time is it? Where's Lucian?" he croaked as he lightly slapped himself trying to come fully to his senses.

"It's late. The moon's already coming up. As for Lucian, I don't know," I admitted, "It seems he just left after he got us both. So stupid of me to get outdone by that rascal!"

"Fang doesn't seem to be hurt. Did he chase Lucian?" Seth inquired.

"No. He's been trained to stay at my side especially at critical moments like this," I explained, "By the way..... how do you know he wasn't hurt?"

"That's- I er- We had alot of dogs at home. I guess you can say it's almost like if I understand them," he replied.

I noted the hesitation in Seth's voice before beckoning to Fang to track Lucian's scent and for Seth to follow. He were led quickly and cautiously through the expansive campus grounds towards the steps of the Girl's Dorm.

"I should have figure that the pervert holed himself up in here," I sighed.

"Should we just walk in?" Seth questioned holding the door's handle. I nodded and he tensed up as he swung it open and dashed in.

"Hold up. Something isn't right," Seth whispered. After glancing around, I had to agree. Nothing was going on. Everything was silent. Even the staff and guard whom often patrolled the area was absent. Heck, even the dorm registrer was missing.

"He has to be here," I told Seth as I took the lead.

"Why do you say that?"

"If my assumption is correct, then he would prefer quiet places," I explained.

We crept up the winding hallways looking for any signs of life but it was futile. After some time, on one of the highest floors we stumbled across a half ajar door and inside we could hear the faint sound of a television being played. I signalled to Seth and we burst into the room ready for action. It took me a moment to realise that nothing seemed amiss. Seth journeyed in further without me.

"There doesn't seem to be anyone her-..................," Seth suddenly went silent before, "Holy shit!"

"What's up?" I asked worriedly and immediately was at his side. There, hog tied and topless, lay a girl around our age. Despite being gagged, her cries were audible and it was evident that the television was meant to hide them. While I turned around out of either gentleman morals or mere shame, Seth wasted no time in pulling at the thick ropes binding her.