Chapter 1

• Dedicated to brent rivera

Hello my name is Ashley Harvey's I am 16 I have long brown hair and brown eyes, I love to sing, dance, cook, and to have fun. well enough talking about me and let's get started.

I was in my room reading when I heard my bedroom door smashed open, and theirs my dad standing at the door frame. It's time for my beatings.

yeah ever since my mom left us, my dad thinks it my fault for making her leave. so let me explain what happen.

Flash Back
--------------

I was about five years old and it was on February 12 2002 my mom was in the kitchen cleaning and I was watching TV. Then dad came home drunk and my mom wasn't to happy about it so their was sitting front of a big fight. They were still fighting and then my mom was done with my dad and just left us without saying good bye. after she left dad faced me and just snapped at me " THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" he was yelling at me which made me cry "oh shut up or I will slap you with a belt!" he said so I stopped crying.

End of Flashback
----------------

And that's what happen. My dad walks to me and whips me with a belt. I whence in pain he kept doing for an hour then he stopped and went to bed.
When he fell asleep I quietly snuck out the window to take a walk. My head was down the whole time until I bummed into someone. I looked up to see THE Brent Rivera "omg I am so sorry I didn't see you their" he said while helping me up.

"No it was my fault" I said to him " so what is a pretty laddie doing walking the streets by yourself?" he asked me I didn't want to tell him so made something up "oh-umm I'm just on my way to Starbucks" I said to Brent "oh cool me too, did you want to head over together?" he asked I nodded and we both started to walk to Starbucks.

Once we got their I went to order a drink and I was about to pay the laddie but Brent paid for me instead.

"You know that you didn't have to do that right?" I said to Brent "yeah I know but I just wanted to be nice to you" so we grabbed our drinks and sat at the booths.

"So where do you live?" He asked me while taking a drink " I live on 34 fluster RD" he stopped put his drink down and looked at me then smiled.

"Yay we are neighbours!" he shouted out and everybody in Starbucks where staring at us I just laughed at Brent it was a good night so far.

We where walking back home, then I heard my dad yelling at me with his fist in the air, I was hugging Brent in fear, but I heard Brent to tell my dad to stop and we both ran to his house.

"FINE LEAVE AND IF YOU RETURN I WILL KILL YOU, AND YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!" my dad yelling at me.

Brent closed his front door and locked it and turns to me "why is he acting like this?" he asked with worry eyes.

Brent brought me to his couch and I explained everything to Brent about my dad.

After I told him, he bring me into a hug and then I felt something weird in my stomach.

"Well you can't go back their its not safe for you" he whispered into my ear I nodded my head then someone came in " hi mom" Brent said.

"Hi Brent, who is this?" she asked with a smile "can I tell her?" Brent asked me "yeah it's fine" I said to him.

He got up off the couch and went to the kitchen with his mom. so I was sitting in the living room when I saw a little girl come by "why hello their what's your name?" I asked the girl
"hi my name is Lexi I'm Brent's little sister" I smiled and shake her hand.

"And what's your name?" She asked me "my name is Ashley and I live next to you" I said and she was jumping and clapping her hands "YAY! were neighbours" I laughed at her.

"BOO!" I jumped from someone scaring me I turned around and saw a laughing Brent. He haves a really cute laugh that it made me laugh.

"So what did your mom say?" I asked Brent he sat down beside me with a huge grin on his face " my mom says that you can stay as long as you want and that we are moving so that we can be far away from your dad" he said to me.

I was crying because I was happy that I don't have to live with that asshole or should I say 'dad'. I pulled Brent into a hug and said "thank you Brent" he hugged me back "your welcome" he said back to me.

We pulled a part and we were looking into each others eyes and then our lips came close and then he kissed me and I didn't pull away. It was just perfect...