Annabeth

I froze in my tracks.
The shadow in front of the doors was all too familiar.
"Well,well,well. Seems you've already moved on. " the voice was as cold as ice. It stabbed every nerve in my body, turning my blood to ice.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded. I tried to sound strong, but my voice came out all high pitched and stuttered. He let out an evil laugh. "Luke. You have no right to be here." Percy said
"Ahhh, you're Percy Jackson. I guess the rumors were true. You did run away with my girlfriend."
"Ex-girlfriend." I nearly yelled. He had no right to call me that, not after what he did.
"Oh Annie, come on, you still love me."
I flinched. "Do not call me Annie. And I don't love you anymore. I never will." My voice volume increases with every word.
Luke took a step closer to me. "Annie, you never had to leave. We could've worked it out."
"Why? So you could just hit me more?"
Luke gulped. This had hit him, bone deep.
"I never hurt you."
"You liar! I have picture of the bruises to prove it!"
Percy seemed shocked. I had never told anybody, ever. I just covered it up with makeup.
"Luke, it's best if you just leave." Percy said.
Luke just chuckled. "And leave my true love?"
"We were never meant to be. I never loved you."
"Ah, but you did."
FLASHBACK
I kept sneaking glances back at Luke while he was driving. He was amazing. His bright blue eyes, his sun-blonde hair, just perfect. I had a massive crush on him. Since we were friends, we got to hang out a lot.
Luke cleared his throat. "Umm, let's stop here, I guess."
He wanted to take me hiking. I agreed. I loved nature, for some reason. He had taken my hand, and sparks had flown through my body. But instead of walking, he did something crazy.
He kissed me.
"Annabeth, I love you. A lot." He had said.
"Luke, I love you too." I replied. I felt like all my dreams were coming true.
FLASHBACK OVER
I grimaced at the memory. "Words aren't always the truth, Luke. It's the feelings that matter."
"Yeah right. Just say it, and we can forget this ever happened."
"No."
"Excuse me?"
"No. I don't love you, and I never will."
Luke took another step towards me. Then he punched me. I fell to the ground. Percy was next to me, trying to reassure me.
"Go. Call the police. Don't stay here."
"Luke. I don't care how many punches you throw, I don't. Love. You. "
He punched me again. And again. And again. Until I faded into blackness.

PERCY POV
TWO DAYS LATER
I held her hand tightly. She was passed out, in the hospital bed. Luke had been arrested, and Annabeth taken to the hospital. I was sweating like crazy, and my knee was bouncing. Luke had hit her too hard, causing blunt force trauma. She was alive, barely, but the doctors weren't sure if she'd ever wake up again. They all said the same thing: people in comas don't always live. But they also said another thing: sometimes they can hear you, too. I took a deep breath and began rambling.
"Annabeth, I hope you can hear me. Otherwise, this would be a waste of breath. Anyway, I was hoping you could remember time, and learn about the new ones. When I met you, in California, do you remember what you said to me? 'Get ready for a crazy friendship.' And even though it was, I wouldn't have any other way. Except for one thing. I wish I would've told you sooner. I wish I would've told you the way I felt when I heard one of your laughs, and how whenever you were happy, I was happy, too. I wish I would've told you that I loved you more than any person I've known. And you know what? I do. I would do anything for you. And right now, I wish our roles were reversed. I should've stood up to Luke for you. I will always protect you. No matter what happens, I will be there. I swear." I kissed her hand. Something happened. Her pulse increase. Her eyes fluttered open, and her hand twitched.
"P-Percy." She whispered. I pressed the call button, and the doctors came in. They took her off the respirator.
"Try not to let her sleep, ok? Wake her up every four hours if she does."
I nodded.
"Percy. I heard it."
A few tears fell from my face.
"Yeah?" Was all I could say.
"And Percy...
I wish the same thing everyday."
I pulled her into a hug.
"Annabeth, can I say one more thing?" I asked, when we finally pulled away.
"Of course."
"No more secrets, ok? Between with of us."
"No more." She agreed
I held her hand again.
"I love you."
"I love you too. More than you could possibly imagine."