Survival Instinct

It had taken nearly a whole year for 21-year-old Park Jimin to break free from his possessive Ex-Boyfriend, he managed to get a tiny disheveled apartment in a part of the city he was always warned about. After slumming in a small shack in Guryong, the mayor relocated the whole village as part of his redevelopment project. He was just grateful his roof didn't leak and his water was hot. He had no furniture and all his money was spent on the deposit, his small mat in the tiny bedsit was the only evidence of anyone actually living there. He chewed on dry noodles from a pot slowly as he checked the paper for job listings, being a bartender seemed his speed. He checked his hair in the broken glass attached to his bathroom wall where the mirror used to be, grabbed his keys and slid his converse on. Heading towards the center of Gangnam District.
Walking there took two hours and forty minutes and Jimin figured it was something he would just have to get used to, thankfully he was quite physically fit. Dancing from such a young age gave you a stamina advantage over others, he was still pretty average at running though. The club itself, BGHT, he knew nothing about, but he was willing to learn how to mix drinks if it meant he could keep a roof over his head. The club was only open to staff and he wandered in explaining the reason for a random stranger walking in on the street during broad daylight, the manager seemed to like him and did a quick on the spot interview. Offering Jimin a trial in a few days, allowing him time to sort paperwork. The walk home made him pass a laundrette, noting the price per wash. Eventually returning to his apartment that was more like a bedroom with an ensuite and a small kitchen attached, he lay on his makeshift bed contemplating how the hell he was going to get through all of this.

***

His first shift began two days later and he was on waiting duty, handing out drinks and collecting glasses. He felt awkward at first, averting his eyes from two guys trading kisses on the dance floor. 
The bartender that was training him was actually a nice guy, he also pulled Jimin to the side and advised him to wear a little light make up. Pretty boys tend to earn tips and pretty boys with glossy lips earn bigger ones, though he had no make-up he said he would get some the moment he had the chance. People flooded around him and the night was actually going smoothly, he smiled and tended to flirt a little too. But that was just part of his personality, it didn't mean anything to him. He always tried to be as friendly as possible and has a tendency to turn red over the smallest of things.
Next thing he knew his wrist was grabbed and pulled to a table of very attractive young men, Jimin did his best not to blush and failed. "Uh hello, how can I help you tonight?" Jimin bit his lip nervously which caused the man with mint green hair to smirk at him. He then dropped his smirk and looked like he was grumpy, which made Jimin more nervous. The man shot him with an order of four drinks, Jimin nodded and fetched them. "Hyung!?" He called to the senior bartender, "how do I do table payments?"
"take the change pot and the card machine." He said as he finished pouring a vodka and coke, pulling up the tightest and shortest pair of shorts ever. Jimin made note that he got good tips, probably because of the shorts. Taemin handed him the tray and Jimin headed back with the card reader clipped to his belt loop, the change pot in his pocket. He smiled warmly as he lowered the tray to the table, the green haired intense guy took his drink and gave a quick smile back.
Jimin set the empty tray under his arm and checked the bill Taemin wrote out for him, "that's 12008 won please!" He said cheerfully. The taller one of the group waved his card and Jimin punched the total into the card reader carefully before handing it over to him. His purple hair was striking in the light of the club, a deep shade of violet. 
The smiley one of the group looked at Jimin with curiosity, "are you new here?" He had really nice chocolate brown hair and prominent cheeks.
Jimin smiled and nodded, "it's my first day. I'm really enjoying it!" He took the card reader back and printed off two receipts.
"Will you be here tomorrow night?" The intense guy suddenly spoke.
Jimin kept his smile, "yes I will, I'm still on trial but I like it here. Everyone is so nice!" He handed one receipt to the guy who paid.
The quiet one smiled warmly, "here!" he handed Jimin a tip of 10000 won which made his eyes widen in slight shock, "you are the nicest waiter we have ever had besides Taemin." His pink hair also stood out next to the purple haired man, they were an odd but kind bunch.
The others become vocal in agreement and hand him the same amount each, "Oh my god. No, really this is too much you don't actually have to tip me-"
"Ahhh." The intense guy cuts him off, "we are just paying for your services." He waved him off and Jimin awkwardly half bowed as a sign of thanks and respect.