Chapter 6

Clearlight's POV:

"She's blacked out." Waterfly reported. "She has lost a lot of blood."

Skystar, Clearlight and Waterfly had made sure they kept Silversplash in her dreams and took her to Starclan to be healed. They couldn't let the clan know of her mysterious fight in the Dark Forest.

Jumpingstar had joined them and was watching from the shadows under a tree. Skystar sat beside him, in deep conversation with her former mentor.

Clearlight hovered behind Waterfly, his eyes worried. Waterfly stood up and sighed. "She'll live."

______________________________

Soon, the silver she cat awoke. They were still safely in Starclan, being watched over by the land's residents.

"What happened?" Silversplash meowed shakily as she looked around hesitantly. "Am I dead?" Clearlight noticed the fear in the silver cat's voice.

Jumpingstar replied with a smile. "No. You have been healed. It is time to return to your clan."

Silversplash managed to mumble, "Jumpingleaf..?" Before her form faded away.

Clearlight sighed and felt a sudden wave of heaviness take over. He closed his eyes to find himself in his nest.

_______________________

Skystar's POV:

Skystar stood up from her nest and stretched her stiff limbs. She padded out of her den and climbed down the HighTree. When she reached the bottom, she spotted Silversplash. The silver she cat's wounds had vanished completely. Good.

"Silversplash!" The white she cat called.

The silver she cat turned and padded up to Skystar. "Did that really happen? You know," she leaned closer, "the dream?"

Skystar nodded and smiled. "We saved you from my father in the Dark Forest. But your wounds were to deep. We brought you to Starclan where you were healed."

Silversplash's eyes still held confusion. "But what was that sheet of water? And the vines?"

Skystar suddenly remebered she hadn't told her friend about her powers. "I forgot to tell you but me, Clearlight and Waterfly have powers. I control earth, Clearlight and change into any form of animal and Waterfly controls water."

Understanding filled Silversplash's green gaze and she giggled. "Cool!"

Skystar wondered if she could tell Silversplash about the prophecy, but she chose not to. Not until she was totally sure it was her.

"Do you want to hunt?" Skystar asked, changing the subject.

Silversplash smiled. "Sure!"

Skystar brushed her snow white fur against Silversplash and led her friend out of camp. "Where to?"

Silversplash shrugged. "You choose."

"How about the Deathclan border? Rabbits sometimes stray into Lightclan for shelter."

Silversplash nodded and meowed. "Race to the border!" She sped off.

Skystar ran after her and leapt over a stray bramble bush. She raced up to Silversplash so that they were nose-to-nose. They stayed that way for a while until Skystar started to get tired and she lagged behind a bit. When they reached the border, Silversplash had beaten Skystar by several fox-lengths.

"I win!" Silversplash sang and pranced around Skystar who was panting heavily from the long run.

"How are you not tired?" She demanded, panting.

Silversplash shrugged. "I've been outrunning dogs and twolegs for most of my life since being captured. I'm pretty fit." She laughed. "Unlike you."

Skystar growled playfully and leapt on Silversplash, pinning her friend under sheathed claws. "Take that back!" She laughed.

"Never!" Silversplash pushed Skystar off and pinned her instead.

Skystar giggled and wriggled under her friends grip. "Don't disobey your leader!"

Silversplash sat back on her haunches and laughed. "I wouldn't dream of it!"

"I would hope not." Skystar chuckled and sat up in front of Silversplash.

Skystar wished this could be everyday of her life. Playing with her friend, living a care-free life as a warrior. To grow old and go to the elder's den. But that was never going to happen. Skystar seemed to have a never-ending destiny to fufill, and a clan to lead.

Silversplash noticed something was wrong and narrowed her eyes. "What's wrong?"

Skystar looked up at Silversplash, her green eyes filled with a sudden longing. "I wish this could be everyday of our lives."

"I know. I do too." Silversplash replied slowly. "But it's not, and the sooner we accept that, the better."

Skystar nodded and stood up. "Shall we hunt?"

Silversplash smiled. "Isn't that what we came here to do?"

__________________________