Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

Clearlight's P.O.V:

Clearlight was so stressed. He paced the base of the Hightree and kept glancing up at the branches where Skystar's den was. He was worried about Skystar and his mind was spinning out of control.

Fianally, Waterfly appeared and climbed down the Hightree. She jumped down beside Clearlight and said. "Skystar is fine, do not worry she still had 6 lives left. Why don't you go train Bumblepaw? He is falling behind."

Clearlight stared at Waterfly and meowed. "I have to stay near Skystar! What if your out and she loses anther life?" desperation filled his voice as he spoke.

"She's fine, Starclan is with her." Waterfly insisted and nudged Clearlight to the apprentice den where Bumblepaw was sleeping.

Clearlight sighed and nodded. "Ok..."

He padded into the apprentices den and woke up Bumblepaw. "We're going training with Fernpaw, Mousepaw and Fluffystream."

Bumblepaw nodded sleepily and followed Clearlight out of camp. Clearlight knew where Sparklingfish and Bigstep were. They were already training their apprentices with Fluffystream.

As Clearlight arrived, everyone stopped training. Fluffystream meowed. "Hey Clearlight, I thought you weren't going out of camp."

Clearlight shook his head. "I need to take my mind of Skystar for a while. I've come to do some training. I have made up a game of the apprentices to play."

Bigstep nodded. "So what's the game?"

Clearlight sat down and began explaining. "There will be 2 teams. 3 cats in each team. Each team will have a base with a ball of moss, that moss needs to be captured by the other team to score a point. Fernpaw, Bumblepaw and Bigstep can be in one team, Fluffystream, Mousepaw and Sparklingfish in the other. Your bases are the opposite sides of the training clearing. You will fight each other to get to the other teams moss and take it back to your own team. Remember, sheathed claws. Ready?"

Everyone nodded and trotted to their base.

Clearlight jumped onto a small rock and said. "3 2 1 GO!"

Fluffystream shot out from his base, flinging himself straight onto Bigstep. The two cats wrestled in a mess of fur whilst Mousepaw guarded the moss ball and Sparklingfish ran to the other team. Bumblepaw and Fernpaw stood back-to-back, protecting their moss ball.

Finally, Bigstep pinned Fluffystream and gave a mock bite to the neck. Clearlight called, "Fluffystream! Your out!!" Fluffystream growled in frustration and trotted up to Clearlight and watched the game.

Bigstep raced to Mousepaw and tackled her to the ground. Bigstep lightly bit Mousepaw on the neck and Clearlight yowled. "Mousepaw! Your out!!"

Mousepaw padded calmly up to Clearlight and sat beside Fluffystream.

Bigstep grabbed the moss ball but Sparklingfish had circled back and tackled Bigstep. The moss ball went rolling and Bumblepaw ran to it, picking it up and racing back to his base. He threw it at his team's moss and yowled in triumph. "Yes!! I captured the moss!!!"

Clearlight jumped down and meowed. "Well done, Bumblepaw!! You did really well!"

Bumblepaw beamed happily and Clearlight said. "Who's up for round 2?"

_______

Waterfly's P.O.V:

Waterfly looked for her marigold in the herb stock and noticed there was none left. She sighed and called for Nutpaw who was sorting the pile of catmint. Nutpaw looked up and mewed. "Yes?"

Waterfly meowed. "Can you find some more marigold? We've run out." she glanced back at the herb stock and said, "Oh and some cobwebs. Bring Fernpaw with you she'll help."

Her apprentice nodded and stepped out of the medicine den. Waterfly saw Nutpaw bush out his fur at the cold air hit him.

Waterfly padded over to the catmint Nutpaw was sorting and started working at them. She threw away the old ones from last leaf-bare and placed the new ones in the herb store. She smiled, knowing there was enough catmint to last them most of Leaf-bare if any cat came down with greencough.

______