Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Waterfly's P.O.V:

Waterfly felt cold and vulnerable. She was frozen to the spot in a misty clearing. She couldn't see anything past the mist and she started to feel scared.

A cat padded up to her, its fur was brown and his glowing green eyes peirced Waterfly. She tried to move away but her stubborn paws wouldn't move.

"Who are you?" she questioned.

The brown cat stood in the mist, his full identity covered. "You've used your power well past its limits, you have entered a state in which you will remain sleeping for a quarter-moon. During this time, your body will repair itself. Until then, you shall remain in this clearing."

Waterfly gasped at the cat spoke. "Jumpingstar?!"

The cat nodded and disappeared from view again. Waterfly tried to move again and found her paws finally agreed to cooperate with her mind. She called out to Jumpingstar. "Don't leave me!!"

Jumpingstar's voice came from all around Waterfly and she couldn't pin-point where he was. "This is your punishment for over-using your power." His voice echoed through the misty clearing.

As Jumpingstar's voice diminished, Waterfly raced out of the clearing, only to bump into an invisible force-field.

She growled in frustration and sat down, rubbing her throbbing nose thoughtfully with her paw.

_________

Skystar's P.O.V:

The howling wind died down and eventually, everything was quiet. The rain stopped completely and Skystar felt uneasy with the silence.

One by one, cats started emerging from their dens. Fluffystream was first, he raced out and shook out his fir saying, "That was scary!!"

Next came Silversplash and Loveheart. The two cats stood side-by-side just outside the Warriors den.

Sparklingfish, Fallowstream, Slowsky and Bigstep ermerged next and inspected the dens for holes.

The apprentices ran out of their den and tumbled into the clearing, yowling with excitement. "That was so fun!!!" Mousepaw yelled and flew at Bumblepaw. They fell onto the damp floor in a mess of fur.

The rest of the clan stepped out of their dens and peered at the sky. The sun was peeping out from behind a cloud and the camp was dappled in shade and sunlight.

Skystar smiled and called for her clan. "We have survived the storm with no problems. I congratulate all of you for working hard to keep your clan mates save." her clan joined in as Skystar cheered loudly for her clan.

_______