Fight

Chapter 14 - Fight

The kitchen was empty when I reached it. I glanced behind me, seeing Harry there. I had expected that.

He looked at me, his face drawn. "Do you really think that? That I'm just like Shane?" he asked softly.

I sighed, grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator. "I don't know, Harry."

He pursed his lips. "I don't want to be."

I looked up at him. "Then prove it."

Harry stared at me, hope visible in his eyes. However, it died quickly. "I'm going to talk to the boys. We'll train today, and if we're doing fine by tonight, we can go get Nessa tomorrow."

My head whipped up. "Really?" I whispered, my eyes wide and starting to fill with tears.

"Yeah." Harry smiled a little warily, before leaving the room and going to find the rest of the gang.

I wrung my hands together, new faith in my heart. I chugged the bottle of water, and sprinted back up to the guest bedroom to get ready. We were going to save her soon. The next day. The next day.

I took a shower, put a bit of mascara on, and got into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I dashed back down the steps, searching for Harry and the boys.

I peeked into one room, which turned out to be an office. Closing the door again, I jumped as a voice came from behind me.

"Who are ya looking for?" Shane asked. I froze.

"Harry," I said, avoiding his eye and attempting to move past him. He blocked the only way out.

Shane snickered. "Again? Seems like he doesn't want you around."

"First off, not again, this is the first time. Secondly, I was upstairs showering, so he left me alone," I spat, narrowing my eyes.

Shane struck out at me before I could think. He slapped me across the face, and I staggered back.

Into someone else.

I spun around, holding my cheek, and sucked in a fast breath as I saw Harry. He ignored me, instead focusing on Shane.

Shane himself was smirking at Harry, leaning against a wall casually. Harry's jaw worked, and he clenched and unclenched his fists.

"What the hell did you just do to her?" Harry said, his voice shaking with anger.

"I believe I just slapped the bitch across the face," Shane said nonchalantly. Harry cracked his knuckles menacingly. "Ah ah ah!" Shane scolded. "You and I both know you can't fight me."

Harry struggled to relax. I pressed lightly on my cheek, not feeling much but a sting.

"Harry, I'm fine," I said softly, covering his fist with my palm. He glanced at my face, his mouth forming a hard line.

"I can see the outline of his hand," Harry stated flatly.

"Ooh, really?" Shane said excitedly. "Must've been a good one. Let me see," he attempted to peer around Harry, but he pushed Shane back.

"Stay away from her," he growled. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Harry..." I trailed off. "Don't do this."

Harry looked at me, and saw the pleading on my face. He stepped back, and pulled me out of the hallway.

"Filthy bastard," he muttered. "I'll murder that fucking asshole."

"Thank you," I said softly.

Harry laughed coldly. "For what? Almost getting us kicked out?"

"You know what I mean."