Guess the coffee

"Have a good night sir."

"Jeezz...Why is time going so slow today?" I whisper and sigh.

"Hey ~ maybe old man Tsubasa is your admirer."

I roll my eyes and go behind the counter.

"Yuki, I thought you wanted me to report it." I say sarcastically and childlike tone.

"I do. It's creepy and, yeah basically super creepy shit. You, don't get to close the shop today. No gifts for you today." She said as she brewed some coffee and smiled devilishly. 

My coworker and friend Yuki has been trying to convince me to report it to the police since the first time it happened.

I'm not naive, I've just been trying to investigate myself. I honestly have nothing better to do so I guess she just leaves me to get some fun out of it, well most of the time.

I've received gifts every Friday for some time, some of them are things I actually needed, useful. I kept them. 

I know it sounds crazy to keep them but when you have a small salary and have to take care of yourself...well...

The first gift, shoes. This was two days after my shoe sole broke on my way to the subway after work. Someone was watching, obvious fact. 

Other gifts vary, but the second one was also practical.

When I was leaving my apartment, I got stuck with my door handle and my bag broke. That Friday, guess what I got? Yes, a bag.

I'm sure I know who it is. There's this man, Haruma, he's a loyal customer and always comes with his wife on Sundays. Once, she had a seizure getting off the subway. I helped her and stayed with her in the hospital until Haruma came himself.

He's old though, and that would mean he keeps a very close eye constantly. I don't know what to think about that. Except, its very creepy and potentially dangerous, I plan to confront him and also tell him there's no need to thank me any further.

Today was the perfect day to do that but thanks to Yuki I can't. She probably requested the change in schedule.Even if I've known her since we were children I feel like I don't know her at all. We're not close, acquaintances is more of a proper term.

I chuckle.

Her mom was a volunteer in the orphanage I was in, she always dragged Yuki with her. So I also like to think of her as a distant relative.

"Hana!" Yuki whispered.

"What?"

I look to the front of the shop.

"(Ah, a customer) Welcome, please sit wherever you like."

Heads titled, for his appearance...
Six more enter the shop.

"Welcome, please excuse us." Yuki said as she dragged me to the kitchen.

"What are you doing? We have customers."