chapter 5- The journey home

After what seemed like forever, Bex tracked us down with Liz’s new spy gear and she sent us the directions to get back to Gallagher, back to our home. We kept driving along the same winding road, passing diner after diner, watching desert turn into villages. Finally Zach spoke

“We should get some sleep,” he gestured to the back of the van “we’ll be safe there.”

“Yeah, okay,” I said as I stifled a yawn with my tired arm. We clambered out of the front, slammed the doors, and proceeded towards the back. Once we were safely back inside the van we sat opposite each other crossed legged on the floor. I didn’t know what else to do, so I let my eyes roam to wherever they wanted to. He was relatively relaxed; his hair is messy but still looks hot! His t-shirt is clung to his body, his face is beautifully defined, his jaw is slightly clenched, is he angry? But his eyes, his eyes are the perfect shade of green, they become darker when is angry I know that, but right now they look so beautiful and seem to be giving off all the emotion he is feeling.

“Gallagher girl?”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry but…” he trailed his sentence, what is he sorry for? He hasn’t done anything wrong? Has he?

That’s when his lips collided with mine, it was magical, my eyes flew shut of their own accord, I could see fireworks behind my eyelids. It was a sweet but passionate kiss. We only pulled away when we fell into the trap of forgetting to breathe. We stared into each other’s eyes, drawing short, sharp breaths; his eyes were telling me everything he felt, amusement, passion, lust and longing. But I wanted more. I couldn’t stop myself as I leant in and cupped his cheeks in my hands. I slowly moved my head towards his until I could feel his breath mingling with mine, and my lips brushed with his, and then I smashed my lips into his.

When we finally pulled away I sat on his lap, and snuggled against him, I placed my head under his chin and pressed my body tight to his, I could feel his every muscle. I groaned disapprovingly as he moved his arms and place them around me before pulling me close and squeezing me into a hug.

“By the way Gallagher girl, you look good in your nightdress,” he smirked, looking pleased with him-self. He just had to go and ruin the moment didn’t he?

SHIT!! I keep forgetting that I’m wearing my nightdress, oh well, can’t do anything about it now…

“Yeah, I think it suits me,” he groaned, and I can feel my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

“What was that?”

“It was a groan… I think?”

“Why did you just groan Zach?” the look on my face right now would be priceless, it’s one of those faces you would want to pull out you camera and take a photo so you could laugh at it forever.

“Because you’re so darn SEXY in that nightdress,” he emphasises the word sexy to try and get his point across.

“There’s plenty more where that came from,” I add with a wink.

“Really?”

“Yes, there is, now go to sleep Zach, goodnight.” And with that I snuggled down into his chest, and sleep over took me.

When I woke up, it was light out, I could see the sun rising in the distance out of the windows Zach had un-boarded and I could feel Zach’s heat as he sleeps next to me. Suddenly our phone buzzed to life, and of cause, it is Bex.

“Bex?” the seriousness was very recognisable in my tone of voice.

“CAM, you have to get home now!” she sounded scared. Funny thing is, Bex is scared, and Bex doesn’t get scared. Bex is never scared, something is seriously wrong.