Chapter 4 :P

Chapter 4:

"Huh? So why are you two here?"

Inside the limousine, there were the twin maids sitting across Hikaru. They tagged along.

"It is ordered that we keep a watch on you when traveling in a vehicle." The twin maids said in unison.

"If you think I'm going to run off and pursue Kaoru, you don't have to worry. I won't do that." Hikaru became slightly irritated recalling what happened in the morning. "I just want to see a friend…" Not finishing his words, he actually started to feel nervous. The maids watched intently at their young master.

It's love. They thought in unison. Young master is troubled with love! As though they were the clients in the Host Club, the maids were surprised and became very interested by this new revelation. The young twin maids were both hired a year ago when the twins graduated from middle school by Mrs. Hitachiin. It's been known that maids from the pasts do not stay long working at the Hitachiin Estate. The mischief Hitachiin brothers would immediately frighten the maids out of the estate with their evil pranks and fastidious demands. But these twin maids being twins are just as similar if not the female mirror of the Hitachiin twins. And so they grew used to the Hitachiin brothers' orders with no complaints and only took pleasure in seeing something new going on with the twins life.

By the time they reached the apartments of that 'friend' of Hikaru, the limousine stopped. Hikaru peered out from the window looking at the apartment door number 203 for a few minutes. He looked at the bakery goods in the bag he ordered from one of the finest bakery shop in Tokyo. The maids continue to gaze intently at their master. Hikaru sighed.

"Okay, drive home."

"!" The maids both fell from disappointment inside the limo.

"What are you doing, young master…?" asked one of the twins.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going home." Hikaru replied bluntly. "Chauffeur, drive us back home."

"Eh…" As if the twin maids and chauffeur were communicating telepathically, the chauffeur did not move the car. "I am sorry young master, but there is another order we must do."

"Huh?" Before Hikaru even knew it, both the twin maids tried to shove him out of the limousine. Hikaru struggled to stay inside, holding onto whatever part of the car he can stay put as the door was opened by the chauffeur. "What are you doing? I said go home!"

After several minutes, Hikaru was standing on the old pavement panting from struggling with the maids, and stared at the limousine driving off. They ditched him…well, they forced him out.

An air of loneliness blew against his back.

First Kaoru and now even the maids are turning against me. Hikaru noticed the bag with the bakery goods inside on the old cemented ground and picked it up. He stared at the stairs leading to the door on the far left.

Is Haruhi really home…? His heart beated a bit harder.

He reached to door number 203 and looked for the doorbell. As expected, it was a really ugly doorbell made of plastic and stained with yellow. He hesitated at first from pressing it, but at last pushed the rectangular button. Ding-Dong.

"Coming…" A voice behind the other side of the door muffled. It didn't take long for the door to open, and peeking behind the "small" door was Fujioka Haruhi. Her long hair bangs that covered her right eye were now clipped to the side. She was wearing a simple shirt that still made her look no different from a male. Her large brown eyes looked up at the visitor. Hikaru, slightly nervous, just stared at Haruhi before he realized the door immediately slammed right in front of him without any action or word taking place.

"Hey, Haruhi! Why did you do that for? Open the door!" An irritated Hikaru shouted and knocked recklessly from the other side of the door.

"No! You guys are annoying! Go away!" she responded, leaning her back against the door. Every single time the Host members barged into her house, she never had time to study or had some quiet time. This time she was determined to shun them away. Then, she realized something. Eh…did I only just see Hikaru there?

An unusual sight, Haruhi popped open the door leaving only room for her head to peer out. Hikaru was alarmed and watched her strangely scrutinizing around the area outside the apartment door.

"Hikaru, you're alone today?" Haruhi anxiously questioned as there was no sight of the others on the second balcony floor. "Where are Kaoru and others?"

"Er…well…"

To see Hikaru without Kaoru was an unusual sight for Haruhi indeed.