Chapter Six x3

Chapter 6:

Somewhere in France.

"Good work everyone. Let's take a 30-minute lunch break." The twins' mother, Hitachiin Yuzuha announced, clapping her hand.

The young designers in the studio still lingered around the table for some last minute study and critique of the design sketches on the table. Among them was Hitachiin Kaoru making pointers on a sketch to a few of his fellow interns.

"Hmm, Yuzuha-san, your son seems to fit well with the crowd this year."

"Oh, Hanae-san. It surprised me as well." Hitachiin Yuzuha said. "He's trying his best today, even though it would have been a different story in previous years if he had to go through this without Hikaru."

"Ah, they caused quite some trouble last year if I recalled. Still, I would love to see some more collaboration from the two." Hanae-san said with a gentle smile. "Oh, by the way, have you seen my son? He seemed to have disappeared."

"Shou-kun? I thought I saw him during roll call earlier…"

"Oh dear, he probably ran off again."

"Hnn?"

Finishing up with the critique, Kaoru went over to the table with the hors d'oeuvres and beverage. He grabbed a mineral water bottle in the cooler and took a seat nearby.

Sighing as he slumped over the chair, he let out, "Phew. That was exhausting. My legs were about to give out from standing all day."

Taking a sip, he thought, I guess working on your own is twice as hard since I've always worked with Hikaru by my side. I wonder what he's up to right now. This is the first time I've actually left him alone. He's probably mad at me right now, Kaoru chuckled at the thought of an enraged Hikaru.

"Argh, where did that brat go? Did anyone see Shou around here?" One of the interns shouted walking around the studio fuming steam.

"Shou?" Who's that? Kaoru thought. From the corner of his eyes, Kaoru felt a presence behind him. He heard a sneeze coming from the stack of fabrics behind him.

Hanae Shou was the son of an international fashion designer. About the age of the twins, he also aspired to become a fashion designer like his mother. Looking over the stack of the cloth in front of him, he noticed the red-head was still sitting on the chair. "There's no way to avoid that evil doppelganger if he's sitting right near the main door."

"Who's the evil doppelganger?" a voice suddenly came from behind. Shou was immediately startled and fell on his back when he noticed Kaoru was crouching next to him.

"Argh! The evil one! You were just sitting-" Shou stopped and noticed no one was sitting at the chair. "How did you….no, you must be the other one then!"

"?" Kaoru looked a little surprised at how overly exaggerated the youth's reaction was. "You mean Hikaru. Don't worry, he's not here today."

"Yea right, as if I can believe you. Back away from me," Shou said with his voice trembling as Kaoru duck walked even closer to observe the short haired brunette.

"Have we met before?" Kaoru tilted his head to the side.

"Have we met? Don't tell me you don't remember?" Shou shouted pointing his finger shakily.

Kaoru's thought for a second but only a blur came in mind. "Nope, no clue."

"How many pranks have you pulled on others….I-It was for the last two years, you Hitachiin clones pulled pranks on me all throughout design camps like this one!"