Chapter Five c:

Chapter 5:

"Ehhh, so Kaoru ditched you and went to France?"

"That's not how I worded it..." At times, Haruhi didn't realize how her comments can hurt or insult others. "He didn't "ditch" me per se..."

"And everyone else is too busy with their own business, leaving Hikaru all alone?"

"You don't have to be so blunt." An irritation pulse crept to the side of his temple.

Miraculously enough, Haruhi allowed him to enter the apartment, fully aware he might cause more trouble. Luckily the bakery goods had its use in persuading Haruhi from shutting Hikaru out. Haruhi was taking a nibble out of a cinnamon cookie, which she wasn't aware, cost about 1000 yen a piece. "So, why did you have to come here? Here to bother me again?"

She was certainly in an ill-mood today. Hikaru felt uncomfortable. Maybe it wasn't the right time to come over. His hand rubbing the back of his neck, he looked down at his crossed legs and said almost shamefully," Well, I...um...you see..."

Haruhi almost looked a bit remorseful for being a bit rude until Hikaru finally said simply, "I'm bored. Haruhi, let's play, let's play."

GO BACK HOME! She growled in her thoughts.

"What have Haruhi been doing?"

"Studying for the exam...You should too, Hikaru!" Here she was studying hard for the upcoming exam while Hikaru, who share the same class, barged in asking to play games. Damn rich bastard having too much free time. It's the weekend for heaven sakes, not the holiday!

"Oh that. I usually study with Kaoru." He replied intuitively.

"Ah!" Upon hearing the second mention of Kaoru, Haruhi realized something interesting that she thought earlier. "Is this the first time Hikaru and Kaoru are not together?"

"Huh?" Hikaru eyes opened widely.

"Come to think of it, you both are always together. Even in Karuizawa, Kaoru was still in the same town." She pointed out. "But this time, Kaoru is in a different country. Much farther away from Japan."

His temper rose not realizing until now the big picture. "Why...would he do that...?" He muttered with his head down.

"Kaoru is really mature, neh?" Hikaru lifted his head slightly to look at Haruhi. "It might actually be best for the both you guys to be separated once in a while."

"You can't learn or do everything together. There are times when you must make your own decisions and actions when one is not there for the other." Haruhi commented. "Well, that's what I think Kaoru might be doing."

"Kaoru really is amazing to come up with something like that" Again she complimented Kaoru.

"...Unlike you (Who rather cause mischief…)." Another insult on Hikaru.

"Well excuse me if I'm not great as Kaoru." Haruhi sure knows how to tick him off. "I didn't come here to be insulted."

"But look on the bright side...Kaoru is Kaoru." Haruhi smiled. "And, Hikaru is Hikaru."

"It's better like this. Even though you may look exactly the same in the outside, you're individuals in the inside." Those words reminded Hikaru of when Haruhi played the 'Which one is Hikaru game.'

Hitachiin Twins, Doppelganger, you two...We were always called as one unit or a set, but...

Haruhi looked at Hikaru as his expression softened up. Then she looked at the clock above him. "Ah, it's time for lunch. Hikaru, do you want something to eat?"