September 30

"Hey" a familiar voice spoke. I turned to see the really pretty girl from yesterday.

"Hi" I smiled. I completely forgot her name.

"You're Omani, right?"

"Yeah" I nodded.

"Do you still remember my name?"

"Yep" I lied. "It's Min... Jun euuuuu" I was waiting for her to stop and correct me at any time.

"It's Min Jae Eun" she beamed brightly.

"Yeah, I knew that."

"We should hang out sometime. You seem like a very interesting person."

"Um, thanks?"

"You're so funny" she giggled before walking off.

"Who was that?" KiYong asked walking up from behind me. His deep voice scared the hell out of me, I screeched.

"Um, a random girl I just met"

He nodded. "Omani, I just wanted to apologize for not showing up at lunch yesterday, my math professor held me back so I could finish a test."

"It's okay, I was fine."

"Chul Soo didn't do anything to you, did he?" He asked worried.

"No, I told you I was fine."

"I'll make it up to you"

"I told you I was fine"

"We'll go anywhere you want for lunch, okay?"

"KiYong--"

"Bye!" He walked off I don't think he was listening to a word I was saying.

In the middle of World History class I was taking down notes when I felt something hit the back of my neck.

I shrugged it off. I thought it was just Lee Chul Soo playing games. I felt something hit me again and I turned around in my desk.

It was guy, who keet balling up tiny pieces of paper.

"Could you please stop?" I asked nicely.

"Why?" He said smugly.

"Just stop, alright!"

I turned back around and finished taking notes. A few moments later I felt a piece of paper hit the back of my neck.

"Stop!"

"Say the magic word" he teased.

"Please" I said between teeth.

"Nope" and he threw one at my nose.

I looked over at Chul Soo who seemed to be taking everything in.

"Leave me alone!" I turned back around.

"Let me think about that. No" he threw another at the me.

"BITCH, THROW ANOTHER BALL OF PAPER AT ME AGAIN AND YOU'LL HAVE TO SURGICALLY REMOVE MY FIST FROM YOUR ESOPHAGUS!!!" I yelled and everyone in class turned towards me.

The boy snickered. "Sorry" I bowed to the teacher Mrs. Chi.

"Come sit up here Omani. Another outburst like that again and it's detention for you young lady."

I sat in the front of the class and everyone laughed. I looked over at Chul Soo who was stifling a laugh. I hate everyone.

After class I walked out of the History room and saw Lee Chul Soo, Song Jiho, Jordan and Wong Min Jun all beating the boy who was throwing paper balls at me.

It was very satisfying.

He was cowering on the ground and the four boys kicked and punched on him, attracting a nosy crowd.

"Mess with her again and you'll wish you were never born!" Chul Soo exclaimed as they continued to beat him and his ego down.

I think the guy was already wishing he wasn't born. Between the public humiliation and the bruises he was receiving, I'd say his ego was already six feet under.

"Don't you ever mess with my girl again, you got that?" He grabbed the boy by the collar.

The boy nodded, fixed his glasses and once Chul Soo let him go he took off running down the hallway.

The crowd laughed and cheered.

Chul Soo wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close when he saw me.

"How much of that did you see?"

"All of it" I answered.

"C'mon," he laughed. "I'll treat you to lunch."

"No, I'm going with... You know who."

"Him?" His smile dropped. "Why?"

"Because..."

"Because what?"

"Because he asked first."

"Ugh, why do you even hang out with him?" He rolled his eyes.

"Because" I shrugged. "We're friends."

"Whatever." He straightened his blazer. "I guess I'll just take you tomorrow. There, I told you in advance. Don't act like you forgot baby."

He caressed my cheek.

"Ok, whatever" I walked away, brushing him off.

KiYong and I just ate sandwiches and messed around in an empty playground.

We took turns starting the merry go round for each other and I had to stop because I felt like I'd throw up.

We chased each other up and down the slides. I hadn't had that much fun in a while. Later when we calmed down, we sat on the steps leading up to the slide.

"Did you hear that rumor?" I asked.

"What rumor?"

"That Chul Soo and I were a couple."

"No, did he start it?"

"No, actually one of his friends did."

"Was it Song Jiho?"

"How'd you know?"

"Those four have been friends since they were in diapers. Jiho grew up with the nickname Butter tongue."

"What does that even mean?" I laughed.

"Because any secret you tell him just so happens to 'slip' out of his mouth."

"Oh that's funny" I smiled.  "But he's so adorable."

"His cuteness is his secret weapon."

"Aren't you their friend too?" I asked looking up at him.

"No." He shook his head.

"Why? They seem like great people, all of them except for Chul Soo."

"Are you friends with your cousins' friends?"

"No" I answered.

"Well, there's your answer. I never really had any friends and when I saw you, you were quiet, you minded your own business and I wanted to get to know you." He continued. "But, I guess the part about you being quiet isn't true." He teased.

"Shut up!" I punched him in the arm playfully.

"Omani, do you know why people make such a big deal out of prom? You know, people make grand gestures to ask out their crushes, but you've never heard of someone asking out their crush, boyfriend or girlfriend out in a romantic way for homecoming."

"Yeah, you're right" I nodded. "I guess it's just because no one's ever done it before. Our maybe because it's just not a big deal as prom."

"I guess so" after that we left the playground and headed back to school.