Comfort Within You

I sat there in silence. Thoughts were all jumbled up in my head, to the point where there's a lump in my throat and your eyes becoming watery. It wasn't his fault I thought, maybe it was my doings that caused all of this. Standing in front of hundreds of people who some knows my existence in this school, it's already painful enough to see what my future self would be like.

A bruise on my cheek swallowing half of my face, a sprained ankle full of pain that cannot be described with my current vocabulary.  I looked at the audiences, some that doesn't know me laughed as hard as they could and some wholes care about me stared with shock. Especially him. Looking with a shock expression on his face, I stood up and ran back as fast as I could. The pain of my ankles was overlapping my consciousness, I didn't care and kept running. Running from my own self being a laughing stock, running away from what had happened, running away from my life. I want to die.

Through the hallways I kept on running, gasping for air and crying because of a lot emotions and pain. Someone came running for me. I didn't want to look back, I never should have done it in the first place. I should've never agreed to them.

"Hey!"

A familiar male voice shouted, echoed then followed. I didn't look back, I tripped the garbage bin and trash came out. Everything was a mess... Again. I still didn't want to look, I tried standing up but soon fell from exhaustion and pain. A cut on my left hand was soon merging as I accidentally scraped it onto a used tin can. He soon catches up to me, staring with with his blue jeans as usual. He crouched and I too looked at the floor, never wanting to see his face again. He slowly and softly touched my right ankle, I flinched in reflect. He then held my chin, pulling upwards so that I can look at his direction. I slapped his large arm and still looked helplessly at the floor.

Tears came running down endlessly, everything hurts. He hugged me so tightly, warmth that came within him spreads across my body. The feeling of safe was soothing me, crying in devastation of embarrassment I soon fell into a deep sleep in his hands.