Serendipitous - part 2

"That jerk" I spoke beneath my breath.

Indirectly staring at them in the corner of my eyes, Andrew started drawing in, closer to Angie. Immersed with his eyes Angie began looking at his soft like lips giving him the 'sign'. My temper slowly began to boil, my teeth started to clench without me realizing and slammed my drink onto the table which shook the table, surprising them both to the point that they dropped their kissing atmosphere. Looking at Angie who was full of confusion and a slight of worried, I immediately stood up and excused myself.

"I'M GOING TO GET MORE DRINK" I screamed since the song was still extremely loud. I took my bag and left the table. I walked around the crowds that were still in full energy and headed straight to where Riley, who was still chatting with the bartender.

"HEY RILEY, I'M HEADING BACK HOME OKAY? I'LL LEAVE DEL WITH YOU AND ANGIE"  I landed my right hand onto her shoulder.

"WHAT? ALREADY? IT'S STILL TEN THIRTY LYR. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?" Riley raised her eyebrow knowing that something was up with me.

"NOTHING'S WRONG, I JUST REALLY DON'T LIKE THIS KIND OF ENVIRONMENT" I had to find an understandable reason so I could get away from Andrew and Angie.

"We need to talk hun, I know something's bothering you" She began whispering into my ear. 

Giving the bartender some cash and card on the table, she gave a calling gesture and spoke the cheekiest words I've ever heard from her.

"Call me" Riley spoke with no voice and winked. The bartender then took the items on the table and gave a slight nod while grinning. I rolled my eyes, hoping that it would've finished faster. I peeked back at the table I once sat in expecting them to start making out by this point. Which they did, of course. I  sighed not knowing what to feel next. Riley then pulled me out of the dance room and led me into a less noise corridor which was located near the entrance.

"Okay, what is up" Riley leaned towards the opposite wall while crossing her arms.

"I told you, I don't really like this kind of environment." I didn't manage to look her straight in the eyes.

"The loud music atmosphere or between Angie and the guy she's smooching with?" Riley being sharp as usual. I bit my lower lip raised both of my eyebrows.

"Do you perhaps know the guy?" She continued investigating.

"I used to." I sighed again, "it began from my early working days and he was my co-worker who often handled the same projects as I do. I thought he was a good guy, knowing that he supported everyone and appreciated the teamwork. Until one day when my works started gaining more attention from the boss, Andrew too grew closer to me. Without ever realizing that he wanted to use me"

"Oh, Lyra.." Riley looked sad over me.

"The longer we spent time together, the feelings I had for him grew even more. I know, my sense of guys are terrible" I laughed, "but I too thought he would have felt the same way towards me. We even started going out. A month later we had this huge movie project which I was in charge of. But somehow the very day I had to give it to the client, it was gone. Knowing me, I would've had a copy everywhere. But this time the file completely vanished" I began clenching my fist.

"The client was angry, the boss was furious and Andrew did nothing except..." I stopped midway.

"Except?" Riley asked.

"Except on hating me, a boyfriend should've been the one that's supporting you even if you are in bad times but noo. I lost my title in the job and had to go back to phase one, he started ignoring my messages and acted as if I've never existed at work. A few days later, he dumped me. I felt so heartbroken seeing how little time it to him to move on, he started hanging out with this girl who was close enough on getting her promotion. Of course, I resigned later and found you guys" My mind was full of hatred when all of the sudden Andrew came.

"Great" I spoke to myself. He began to walk towards us and stop in front of me.

"Lyra" He called my name without directly looking at me.

"Andrew" I faked my smile, "It's funny how the first time I've seen you in like what? 3 years? You're all over my friend's mouth. Tell me, how does that feel?"

"Better than yours at least" He smirked and left the scene.

"Mothef**cker" Riley hissed. I decided to run towards him and kicked his knee from the back. Resulting him to fall directly face plant to the floor. 

"Now tell me, how that does that feel? Cold I suppose" I smirked.

"I think it's time for us to go" Riley put both of her arms to my shoulder from the back. 

We went back toward the dance area when suddenly seeing Angie who was hiding behind the wall had overheard most of it. Which obviously made her speechless. I had no time to explain the whole situation but knowing Angie, she is a very understanding person.

"Coming from you, I'm pretty sure you had a really good reason for doing that" she smiled.

"I'll explain to you later G, whaddya say? A sleepover at my house?" I rested my right arm on Angie's shoulders and my left on Riley's while walking to the exit.

"Let's" they both answered.

"Oh but first, I might have left Del alone at the table" Angie reminded us that Del was still here. We giggled and left the building after finding Del who was finally half sober.