Do we start liking each other?

*play the music to add more atmosphere~ if that doesn't work, then choose your own song that's something sad in general lol*

Imagine this: The girl who has been feeling full of self-doubt for the rest of the day, decides to rant to her best friend. As they begin to walk home, she lashes out for overthinking the matter in front of him, to the point where she might have blamed him. Angry, she rushes back to her house and calms down after an hour or so. She begins to realize what she has done and starts to message him via text.

(In text conversation)

Her: "Hey"

(She waits eagerly for a read notification from him.)

(She lies down on her bed, holding her phone upward.)

(He reads it.)

(She immediately sits back up nervously.)

Him: "Hey."

(She starts typing in a fast pace.)

Her: "Thanks for listening to my selfish rant before, when we were on the way home. I know you're upset and I'm sorry for running away from you with no reason after that. Knowing you would've looked at a different perspective, made me felt so anxious."

Him: "Have you calmed down?"

(She bites her lip and begins to type cautiously.)

Her: "I guess"

Him: "Then, is it my turn to finally talk?"

Her: "Sure.."

(As he begins to type a long text, she sighs waiting for his lecture yet again.)

Him: "At times like this, I know how self-conscious you can get. I get that. You know well enough how our classmates are, judging whenever they can and whoever they want. So what if you don't wear makeup? There's no rule where you have to wear it."

Him: "Plus, someone already thinks you're beautiful."

(She raises her eyebrow)

Her: "Who?"

Him: "Me, you dumb cunt"

(She reads the messages again, making sure she didn't misunderstand. And then slowly, she asks for a definite response.)

Her: "You're kidding... right?"

Him: "Just hear me out."

(Her heart beats faster, waiting for another message to come. She is confused, trying to predict what he's going to say.)

Him: "So... What I'm trying to say is"

(He begins typing again.)

Him: "I like you."

(Her heart tightens, hands are sweating to the point she can't manage to grasp her phone. Words are all spinning in her head.)

Him: "I know I'm a wuss for telling you how I feel by text. But whenever I'm spending time with you, in or out of school, my head can't stop thinking about how wonderful you are as a friend, a partner in crime and a supporter."

(Smiling, she open the window to get some night air in her dim room.)

(He continues to type...)