Chapter 11

I awake the next day, and Dumbledore wasn't in the chair. So I walked down the hall, down the stairs into the living room. I see him talking with Severus.

" Hello." I say.

They look at me.

" Hello Alex, pleasant sleeping after your dream?" Albus asks.

I nodded.

" Sir why is she going after me?" I ask.

" I'm not so sure myself. I was just talking to Severus to see what we should do." He says.

I nod.

" I've suggested you live at Hogwarts. " Albus says.

" But I'm against it. What will he do? Where would he sleep?" My dad asks.

" Various common rooms. He can follow other students as he pleases. Head boys and girls. He can choose where he wants to be of course. " Albus says.

" Absolutely not!" Severus yells.

" I'll do it. You'll still see me. You work there. " I say.

" he has a point Severus. " Albus says.

" I just- you know." He says.

Albus nods. " You can see him always. Now Alex, which dorm would you like to go in? Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin?"

" Gryffindor." I say.

I knew I couldn't answer a riddle every day, I'd end up sleeping out side. And I would sleep in the kitchens if I was near Hufflepuff. And my dad would swarm me if I was in Slytherin. Gryffindor was perfect for me. Albus nods.

" You may be there tomorrow. Today, pack and get ready to leave. I will inform the staff of what is happening. " he adds.

He apparates away. I go to my room leaving Severus in the room alone. I put my things into a suitcase he bought me. I finished right when he walked in. He sat down on my bed.

" Why Gryffindor?" He asks.

" I knew something bad would happen in the other houses. I'd likely not figure out the riddle and get left out of Ravenclaw tower. I'd keep sneaking into the kitchens with Hufflepuff. And I just thought Gryffindor would be best." I explain.

He nods. " Why not Slytherin?" He asks.

" I don't know." I answer lying.

He shrugs and walks off. He made lunch.

" Before I leave, can I go to the park one last time?" I ask.

He nods. After lunch we apparated to the park from last time. Malfoy was there tormenting Luna again. I walked over.

" Back for more Pitter?" He asks.

" It's Alex Potter, Malfoy." I say.

" It's Draco to you. " he snapped.

I shake my head. " J can call you whatever I wan." I say.

He growls and walks away muttering something under his breath.

" Hello Alex." Luna says.

She was wearing a red skirt and a bright yellow shirt.

" Hi Luna." I say.

I sit down next to her.

" What's new?" She asks.

" Well, I'm moving into Hogwarts. " I say.

" Really? How fun!" She says.

" It also means I won't be able to see you until we meet at school." I sat. " I'm going there because I'm getting these nasty nightmares."

" No need to explain. I understand. I will look forward to Hogwarts even more. Promise you won't forget me?" She asks.

" I promise Luna." I say.

I shake her hand. " So what's new with you?" I ask.

" Oh not much. I do promise to owl you every now and then. " she says.

" Thanks. I'll have a friend, other then people 7-12 years older than me." I say.

She smiled at that. We talked for a while, before I had to go.

" It's been fun getting to know you Luna." I say.

" The pleasure is all mine Alex. I hope to see you soon, maybe event sooner than we think." She says.

She gives me a hug before we both parted returning to our homes.

I went to sleep looking forward to tomorrow, not for leaving Severus, but to be at Hogwarts. It was August 29, so only two days before students came. I wonder how I'll be treated...