Spearpaw's Betrayal: Bad Dream

Chapter 4: Bad Dream

Two Riverclan warriors lunged faster than the rushing river at them, guarding both of them at their sides as Riverstar stalked them back to camp. Cold silence froze the rim of Spearpaw's heart into a hard, icy tundra. Dread ran through her veins like acid, and she didn't dare to even look at her mother's distraught face.

Her mother... sentenced into her own exile. The feline's knotted stomach twisted in the most anguish she'd felt ever sense Shadowclan. It almost seemed unreal, as if it were just all a bad dream.

When they entered camp, the colored skies were swallowed up by black shadows, engulfing over the whole sky with a moon to set off the night. Riverstar seemed careless though as he jumped back on top of the rock. His yowl was as strong as ever, you could almost call it the Roar of Fury.

The warriors grumbled as they slid down the Gnarled Oak, some gazing with surprise at Riverstar amongst the Skyward Stone, yet others just wrote plain irritation all over.

"What's this about?" Brokenjaw demanded in a angry snarl, almost glaring up at his leader, yet as well as his brother.

Riverstar whipped around to face Brokenjaw, the demand seeming to shoot out from his jaws,"Shut your big mouth Brokenjaw and actually listen to my orders!"

Both their fiery gazes met, brother against brother, each as blazing as the other, but Riverstar's held a cold layer of sickening amusement.

Riverstar's tail lashed like the fiery embers of a blaze, and the furious words rolled out his maw,"Hear my word, Riverclan. We have three traitors among us tonight, Three known traitors who each joined a couple moons ago, one of their stories just as full of lies as the next."

A few growls and snarls rose from the crowd, and the crowd was already parted around Spearpaw and Dappledstream, but the two other spies were a mystery to her.

"Dappledstream, Actually had the nerve to admit her betrayal to her daughter, And I don't even have to guess Dreamaura and Shimmerstream," Riverstar sneered, his voice dripping with venom like the fang of a snake.

Yowls of anger rose from the crowd as it parted its way to reveal Dreamaura, Shimmerstream, and her mother, Dappledstream. Spearpaw's heart pounded as fear embraced her emotions like the piercing pain of crooked claws. Her cerulean eyes were desperate, and betrayal seemed to shoot her hard in the chest.

"Tell me, Whats the best punishment for Three disgusting fouls such as you?" His question pierced through the air, rattling the three cats with overwhelming emotions as warriors began to slash at them from either side.

Finally, one dared to respond. "Looking at that wrinkled maggot stain you call a face," Dreamaura snarled, every ounce of bitterness surged with bravery within each word. The unique colored feline glared daggers at Riverstar, who's anger seemed to become uncontrollable.

Then, Riverstar simply approached Dreamaura's raised chin, a look of pure bravery and defiance. It didn't last for long. Quicker than a cobra, Riverstar lashed out his mighty paw straight at her face, his outstretched claws skinning off the ridge of her nose. Dreamaura fell back with surprise, a painful hiss skimming out her mouth, only to be cut off with a blood-curling yowl.

Riverstar had slammed his powerful hind-leg onto hers, twisting it as if it were useless rotten prey. The crowd roared, and her screech was barely audible.

"NO! Leave her alone! Leave her alone!" Spearpaw shot forward, tears brimming her eyes, just as Brokenjaw knocked her to the ground, pinning her.

"Stay still," He hissed ferociously, having no trouble against her protests. She couldn't stop the tears from speeding down her cheeks. None of them deserved that, her mother didn't deserve this.

Riverstar swung his cranium towards Shimmerstream and Dappledstream, and his glare was more stinging than ever.

"Get out, Now before I kill her. And you can tell Swiftstar, That if she ever sends spies again, Even tries, She should expect one more dead warrior on her paws."

"Now for you. Get Up," Riverstar's voice was hard as steel, his eyes as cold as black fire as they laid on Dreamaura's crippled form. She forced herself to regain her balance, limping over to the other two traitors.

Then, All side to side, the three warriors left the camp, left the territory. Her mother, leaving her once more with her daughters sobs and heart-throbbing screams trailing after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late chapters and if they seem like their rushed, I've been pretty busy lately and I'll try to find more time to add on to the story. Anyways comment below please, and thanks for your patience!