1. Badong

Because I think Badong deserves a happy ending, this fic is for you.

---

Even though he has accepted his fate, that he'll be that guy who fell in love with his girl bestfriend, it was doomed to end from the very beginning. Badong knew that Sinag loves him, but sees him only as a brother, which is worse than being a friend.

It pained him to see Sinag, walking towards the aisle, saying those beautiful vows, and kissing the man she loves. He knew he couldn't have her, not ever, but he couldn't move on, at least not until Sinag is no longer within his reach.

As looked at the lovely couple one last time before they disappeared in the sunset to have their honeymoon, he kept thinking why none of his relationships in the past worked out.

Ninay, Sinag's other bestfriend, saw him with that somewhat slightly disappointed face, so she approached him and asked how he's doing.

"Badong, alam mo naman na Benjie was the one for Sinag, sa simula pa lang." Ninay said.

"Alam ko naman yun at tanggap ko na. Masakit lang kasi mahal ko pa rin si Sinag." He replied, a hint of sadness appearing on his face.

"Dadatinh din yung para sayo. Malay mo, isa sa guests dito." Ninay said. She smiled at him as she patted his back then moved back to the table where huge cake was, everyone trying to get a piece.

Badong wanted one, too, but knew he couldn't right now, not with all the people frolicking towards the delicious looking cake. Instead, he walked towards the garden, the place where they saw Sinag kissing Benjie and told them that he was going to marry her.

He lit a cigarette, something he'd never done before. He wanted to destress, and maybe, just maybe, the small death stick could eas his pain away.

"Wag mo nang itry. Mapapadali buhay mo." A deep baritone voice muttered behind him. When he looked, he recognized him as Benjie's bestfriend, Jason. "Nag ganyan ako dati. Kung ano anong sakit nakuha ko."

Badong couldn't help but think why this person was showing concern for him when in fact, they'd been on the opposite sides of the battle back then.

Jason took the lit stick from him, threw it on the ground and stepped on it. "Trust me."

"So bakit wala ka sa loob? Di ka pumipila sa cake." Badong asked. His stared blankly into the blue sky while making small talk to the person beside him. He find it funny that a few months ago, he hated his guts and now, he was thankful for his company.

"Laging ganayn cake na inoorder ng mga tao sa Rosales Development. Nakakasawa rin." Jason looked at the face of Badong and saw sadness masking over it. "Ikaw, bakit ka andito? Di ka pa ba nakakamove on kay Sinag?"

Badong smiled. "Hindi yun. Nakamove-on naman na ako. Ng slight. Pero hindi yun ang nasa-isip ko ngayon."

"Ano naman iniisip mo?" Jason asked. He moved his gaze to where Badong was looking.

"Iniisip ko bakit galit na galit ako sayo dati. Tapos ngayon, yung pagdating mo lang dito, yung pag pigil mo sa pag-yosi ko, nawala lahat ng galit ko dahil napansin mo ako." Badong turned his attention to Jason and that's where their eyes met.

"Lagi naman kita napapansin. Kaya ko lang naman tinutulungan si Benjie kay Sinag dahil pag masaya si Sinag, nakikita kong masaya ka. And that was enough for me."

They just stared at each other, not knowing how to respond. Jason smiled, opted to leave but Badong grabbed him from the wrist. "Don't leave."

"Straight ka."

"Fuck labels."

Badong grabbed Jason's barong and planted his lips on him. Jason was shocked but his initial reaction dissipated fast. He reciprocated. The kiss they shared turned from sweet to passionate in matter of seconds. Jason held Badong's face as the kiss intensified while Badong used Jason's waist as his anchor.

In that moment, it was only the two of them, in that garden. No one else mattered.

Badong's mind raced from "what the fuck am I doing, to "so this is how Sinag felt." real quick. He broke the kiss, smiled at Jason then said "E di sana tayo na lamg nung umpisa pa lang." Jason smiled.

Suddenly, someone squealed like a school girl behind them. It was Ninay.

"Sabi sayo makikita mo din true love mo eh!" Ninay said then started squealing​ again.

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
I didn't have time to proofread guys, pagpasenyahan niyo na.