Chapter 21

Harry's POV

"I'm 100% sure you know the rules of this university, Mr. Connick.."

"Yes, Mr. Stanford. I know it.." I said

I still don't know why he called me to his office...

"With all due respect, Mr. Stanford. May I know why you called me here? Because as far as I know, I am doing everything just to be a good professor to our students and provide good educations for them...I am doing my best and I will do everything to help them."

"So you think, you will do everything to help your students..., even if you're too much attached to them?" He asked as I narrowed my eyebrows. Does he know anything about me and Jennifer..? Is this about us?

"I am sorry but what do you mean?"

"Stop being so innocent here, Dr. Connick and stop playing this game. I know that you're having an intimate relationship with your own student.."

He hissed as I felt myself getting nervous. No, I can't let Jennifer put on risk just because of me.

"A news came to me this morning if you're not aware.." He said as he gets something from his drawer. An envelope. He placed it on his table, in front of me.

"Open it. And explain all of it to me." He said. I looked at him before I open the envelope and to my surprise, these are the pictures of me and Jennifer when we were in the parking lot. When we were kissing and hugging and also when we left together. But it didn't end with that. Even when we were in her new apartment, there are pictures too...

All I can feel in anger. Who the hell took all of it??

I couldn't help it but grip the pictures as I pursed my lips

"Good for you cause I was the only one who got those. So tell me, Dr. Connick. How long have you been dating with your own student?"

He asked as I faced him

"Is this about her grades too?"

"Did she came up to you for you to provide her a good education and good grades..?" He asked with the tone which made me pissed

"She isn't like that.."

It just comes from my mouth

He widens his eyes,

I know I'm at risk now and might lose my job but I don't really care. I don't like him to say something bad about Jennifer...

They don't know anything about me and her...

"Oh, so you're defending her, huh...You're really in love with this girl."

"I am just saying, Mr. Stanford. That she isn't like that kind of woman..," I said what's in my heart

"No matter how you defend her Dr. Connick. The truth shall prevail. You're her professor and she's your student. That's what that was about. You can see in these pictures that you were the one who kissed her first and there's something really going on between the two of you."

He said as I let out a deep sigh

"Please..., just let her...She didn't do anything wrong.."

"I feel sorry for you, Dr. Connick. I expected you to be a good example to the students but what did you just do? Rules are rules. You know exactly the punishments. It's either, she will be kicked out for coming to you.."

"She didn't come to me. I came to her, okay? So this is all my fault. I had a relationship with my own student. I didn't follow one of the most important rules so it's just me.."

"So you're saying.., that you took advantage of her..?"

This is going to be hard to say but I think it's better for her to be saved,

"Yes...I came to her first. I took advantage of her while she was vulnerable.."

I love my job. Yes. It's my dream to teach students and let them know that it's okay if you failed several times in your subject. That the important is that they love what they do and help them to be a successful doctor someday..,

But I can't Jennifer put on risk...,

I know this is going to be hard but I will do everything for her not to fail again and waste her time just because of me..,

His face got shocked when I said that,

"I will forget this, Dr. Connick but I am expecting you to pass your resignation letter to me starting, today.."

I closed my eyes as I felt teary and took a deep breath

This is all my fault.., I included her on this...

I can't let her life got ruined just because of me...

"Okay. I will do everything whatever the rules say, Just don't include her and let her graduate.."