Chapter Six

I woke up bright and early this morning. I had one nice cup of coffee then headed off to my new job. I was taking my time walking when I was suddenly knocked over and on the ground.

" Louis! You idiot you knocked her over!" I looked up to see Niall yelling at another boy with brown feathery hair." Sorry." He said through gritted teeth at Niall, and then looked down at me." Sorry Miss, I didn't see you there considering you are quite short." His eyes widened at his words, then scrunched closed when Niall elbowed him.

" I'm Sophie." I said to Louis, still sitting on the ground. Louis nodded his head, and they both help me up." Thank you." I picked my bag off the ground, dusting it off.

" I'm Louis by the way." He held his hand out and I reluctantly shook it. " So where are you headin' Soph?" Niall piped up." I was on my way to work, but I'm probably going to be late." I said checking the time. Indeed was I going to be late if I didn't hurry.

" Sorry." They both said in unison. I shook my head, smiling." It's okay guys, but I have to go now." I waved goodbye, and ran down the street. Being late on the second day would be terrible. The first day wasn't so pleasurable either, in fact quite awkward.

 * Flashback *

I walked into the little family restaurant, the door bell chiming as I walked in." Hi, table for one love?"" The hostess at the podium asked. I shook my head." Hi, I'm looking for a job opening." She nodded, and told me to follow her to the back.

A middle aged woman popped out from behind the bar." Hello dear, you must be Sophie, Harold told me you were coming." I kept in a giggle when she called him Harold. Be professional Soph, I thought." Oh really? He makes very good predictions." I joked. She smiled brightly.

" I think you and I will get along just fine." She beamed, smirking.

* End of Flashback *

The first day everyone walked up to me with open arms, and smiles. I hope today was like that day." Good morning Marry." I greeted the same hostess from my first day.

" Hey Soph." She said with a tired expression. Only in one day me and her became friends. I like the fact that everyone here was so nice, and that I felt like I was free here. Mostly away from him.

" How's life?" She grinned." Its okay, I have to finish painting my house." I explained, groaning at the thought of doing all that work. Marry chuckled, amused at my disliking of hard labor. I rolled my eyes at her, and we got to work when our manager yelled at us.

      I worked till my lunch break. I hung up my apron, and grabbed my bag out of my assigned locker. I walked to the same little cafe, and ordered an ice tea. It was exceptionally warm outside today so I stayed inside the air conditioned cafe. I got out the journal from my bag, and started reading. I skipped ahead a bit. and settled on one page.

                                 Dear Diary,

       Me and Curly got in a fight today. I thought he was supposed to be like my brother. Yeah right. Some brother he is. I only asked him why he didn't sing anymore! He used to play guitar, and sing with his mates. All he did was yell at me saying, or rather yelling, " I'm waking up to reality Lily! So why don't you!?" I didn't really think much of it. I just stomped up to my room.

      I still don't get it though. :(

                           Love,

                                    Lily

  I frowned at the entry. I felt pity for the girl, I could tell this lad meant a lot to her. Especially since he was like her 'brother'. Me and my brother only got into few fights, never ones I fussed over about, because we always made up the next day with movies and ice cream. All those memories slowly disappeared as I started my new life.

My new life without my family.

But away from him. 

It was a selfish thought. I do still miss my family, I know of my parents whereabouts and I'm sure they're watching over me, but I haven't seen my brother since I was 17. He had started college, and never looked back. Even after all these things we'd done together, and he never looked back, starting his new life.

Well now I shall do the same, but with a new found resentment, and a deepening fear in my heart. With new friends, and just a fresh new me. I could change, right? Maybe then he wouldn't find me. Right?

And that's what I planned to do. I would some-what change my appearance, and if I ever came face to face with that so called "human being" than I would but on some new act, a whole different personality.

I was so sure of this that it was scaring me. So lost in thought I hadn't taken notice to someone sitting accross from me." Hey Soph." Harry had that same cheeky grin on with his dimples poking out at each side of his mouth.

" Hi." I said quietly. He furrowed his eyebrows in concern, and confusion." What's wrong? Have a bad second day?" He asked sounding worried.

I shook my head." No I actually had a wonderful second day,  I got a lot of tips." I tried joking, changing the subject from my sour mood. He chuckled with a small smile, but his eyes were just dark. It looked like he was thinking about something, obviously not liking the thought.

" What's that?" He asked his eyes looking at the leather bound book that I had forgotten to put away." N-nothing." I said quickly putting it away in my bag from his peeking gaze.

" You don't have to be afraid, I'm not snooping in your diary." He laughed, making me smile. I've always found his laugh fascinating, and always loved hearing it.

" Yeah, my diary." I mumbled quietly hoping he didn't hear. It was almost bittersweet because one, this isn't truly mine; and two, the girl who this belongs to has the life I would have dreamt to have.

I checked my phone to check the time, and hopped up when I realized my lunch break was over." Well, my break is over, sadly, so would you mind walking back with me?" I asked with a sad smile on my face. I enjoyed Harry's company, and was surprised that I could trust him so easily considering the circumstances I am in now. 

He nodded, surprising me again by taking my hand in his. He put some cash on the table, and dragged me out of the cafe and towards the restaurant.

When we got to the doors, he let go of my hand, and pulled me in a hug." I'm not gonna go in, because knowing Jenny, she'll yell my name at the top of her lungs and make a scene." He said chuckling, probably at the thought of my boss causing a scene in the middle of her own restaurant. The little vibration ripped down his chest, and I wrapped my arms around his waist, returning the hug.

He pulled away, and told me to text him later, and then walked away with a wave over his shoulder as a goodbye. I sighed, and walked through the doors, and started waiting tables again. The small smile was still on my lips as I went from table to table, it still never left my face when I was at home and sleeping.

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is late, I know! It was supposed to be up yesterday but I was distracted by school, and nagging my mom about One Direciton concert tickets. :)

Please vote& comment(feedback) & follow!

Share this story if you like it and/or find that many other people would enjoy it too!

I'll try to update on Tuesday! I'll try!

Thanks 

- Bee oxo