Chapter 3: Survival comes first. Eat all you can

A/N: Here's the double update so, REVOMENT my butterterians :)

We arrived at the grocery store about ten minutes later. Getting a cart, I walked over to the meat section, putting anything my eye lands on. John was by my side, looking at me in amusement.

"What?" I asked when I became uncomfortable.

He shook his head, snorting and trying to control his laughter.

He was getting on my nerves now. I hated it when people hide things from me.

"What?!" I urged on, shooting him a glare.

"Nothing, I'm just wondering how you're not fat." He shrugged.
I stopped dead in my tracks and faced him.

My nose flared, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

He raised his hands in mock surrender.

"With all the meat you're putting in the cart, I was just wondering how you're not-" I cut him off.

"I dare you to finish that sentence. I-dare-you!" I gritted, narrowing my eyes at him.

He smirked wickedly at me, "-fat"

I clenched my fists, looking around the store to be sure no one was looking. When I saw the coast was clear, I faced him.

I grinned, as I started advancing towards him. His smirk was gone and now replaced with caution and fear, as he backed away from me.

"I warned you, John." I wagged a finger in front of him.

"Pssh, you can't do anything that'll hurt me," He said confidently but his eyes showed vulnerability.

I grinned wickedly, taking slow steps towards him, "Well, let's find out, shall we?"

Without warning, I lunged at him, pulling his ear and twisting it. He winced, then started pleading with me. I wasn't done with him when I left his ear. He was thinking the exact opposite and was attending to it. I took cautious step back from him, calculatingly. He stopped treating his ear and looked at me suspiciously.

"What now?"

I stopped moving, then put on a fighting stance, turning my feet so the tip of them were almost touching each other and raised my two hands, wrapped in fists. John looked at me wide eyed, realizing what I was going to do.

With a wicked grin, I jumped, spinning 180 degrees, with my foot going for the kick and without much effort, I performed the spinning kick.

He staggered backwards, barely managing to keep his balance. He groaned, holding his chest where I hit him.

"What the hell, woman!" He exclaimed in pain.

I landed easily on the ground and adjusted my rumpled shirt.

Good thing I was wearing leggings.

"Never, ever, call me fat" I warned, swiftly turning back to continue shopping.

"Seriously! I didn't even call you f- that, I was just wondering" He complained, trying to match my pace.

I continued stuffing meat into the cart, "Whatever," I mumbled.

Survival comes first.

"Geez, women," John grumbled under his breath.

I was laughing inside, I can't believe I pulled that off.

It was worth going to the gym for the past one year, as a way to pass time.

When I finished with the meat section, I made my way to the fruit section. I put some apples, strawberry and others.