Chapter 4: Sometimes some things are just meant to be done

A/N: REVOMENT my butterterians :)

^^^^^

During the walk to my apartment, we stayed in complete silence, as the tension grew between us and neither of us needed, no, wanted to break it.

We arrived at my apartment, moments later. I unlocked the door with my spare key and it creaked against the floor, making me wince.

Mental note to self: Do something about the door.

As I entered, with John trailing behind, we were greeted with the sweet smell of ramen noodles.

I frowned, I didn't know they would still be here.

"Mom!" I called out, making my way to the kitchen.

"Yes, sweetie," Mom turned smiling brightly at me. Even in her late forties, she still looked young and beautiful as ever.

Her natural blonde hair was greying a little and her golden eyes, were still warm and welcoming with love and care. She wore an apron over her dress.

"Where's dad?" I asked, curiously.

"Oh, sweetie, he's in bed, sleeping," Mom answered, like it was the most obvious thing in the world but her eyes twinkled mischievously.

My eyes widened, as a thought came into my mind.

"You didn't!" I gasped.

Her laugh boomed through the kitchen, "Believe me sweetie, we did" She winked playfully at me.

Horror was evident on my face as I thought of the worst.

"How could you mom, my bed, my one and only soft bed!" I cried.

"You'll get over it" She waved, dismissively at me.

"But, that's just plain gross!" I groaned.

She feigned hurt, "Are you saying we're dirty?"

I narrowed my eyes at her to which she scoffed and started serving.

"Sweetie, serve the dish while I fetch your dad and John." She smiled at me and walked out.

"Parents," I mumbled.

When we were all seated in our seats, we dug in immediately after the prayers.

"Pumpkin, we need to speak with you after dinner," Dad suddenly said, with a mouthful of food.

Yep! Now I know where I got this trait from....

I stared warily at him, "Okay......is everything alright?"

"Yeah, it's all good," Dad said, smiling but it seemed forced and sad.

Mom gave a faint smile, glancing at dad.

I looked between her and dad, who refused to meet my eye.

I shrugged, then continued eating. I glanced at John, who was quiet and looked deep in thought. When we were done, I cleared the table of dishes and dumped them in the sink.

The guys had already left, probably to talk about men stuff. I was about to head out myself, when mom's stern voice stopped me.

"And where do you think you're going, missy?"

"Uh, heading out to the living room?" I replied, pointing backwards with my thumb. It was more of a question than a statement.

She sighed, "Who are you leaving the dishes for?"

"You?" I smiled sheepishly.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

And let it begin.

"Gracie, how many times have I lectured you about manners? You expect me to wash the dishes after preparing it, huh, and you st-"

I cut her off, "I get it, mom. You don't have to make a fuss, geez." I rolled my eyes at her and went to the sink to start washing.

"You just never learn," She shook her head, and started heading out, but then she stopped and turned back.

"Oh and by the way sweetie, whatever you're going to hear out there, know it's for the best and we love you," She gave a small smile and finally left the kitchen.

I frowned, What's happening? Mom never talks like that. She's always happy but this time she looked.....sad.

Shaking my head, I focused on getting the dishes done.

Whatever it is, I'm going to find out sooner or later.

^^^^^^^^

I'm regretting ever wanting to find out about all this, I knew I should have ran away or something the moment I heard the word 'marriage'.

"What do you mean I'll be getting married to John?" I calmly said whereas I'm screaming in my head.

Dad sighed, "Pumpkin, you've not gotten over that fake fiancee guy-"

"Yes, I have," I argued.

"-And you need to move on, you can't stay single and depressed your whole life because of him." Dad tried to reason.

"I've moved on, and let's say I haven't, what's it to you?" I glared at them.

How can they even think of doing this to me.

"Sweetie, we're only looking out for you," Mom said, eyes looking sad.

I angrily stood up, "Just because you're my fucking parent, that doesn't mean you can fucking control and dictate what happens in my life!"

"Language pumpkin," Dad said calmly but it sounded forced.

"I don't fucking care, how could you even think of doing this?"

Mom's eyes became moist, "We didn't have a choice"

I clenched my fists, "What do you mean you didn't have a choice, you had-"

"I'm dying!" Mom croaked out. By now she was crying profusely and dad was finding it hard to fight back the tears that was threatening to fall.

The words kept repeating like a broken tape in my ear. My legs wobbled and I couldn't keep myself up. I was close to falling when hands wrapped firmly around my waist and set me down gently on the couch.

"What?" I forced out, refusing to believe what I heard, as a single tear fell down my cheeks.

"I'm dying, Gracie" She said in a whisper.

And everything went black.

__________________________________________
Hey guys,

This was kind of a sad ending. Please vote and comment. There isn't a goal this time. So anything would suffice. :) Thanks for reading and don't be a silent reader.

Peace and peanut butter,

Awesomeleegal.