Lunch

Chloe's POV

Finally it's lunch, it's been a long couple of hours and all I can think about is how sad Beca looked. It kills me to think people judge or bully her because of her sexuality. I'm brought out of my thoughts as I hear the door open and see Kate standing there. "Hey." She says.

"Hey Kate".

"I brought you some lunch, because the cafeteria food is shit." She says

I laugh. "Thankyou, please take a seat Miss Roberts". I say with a smile. She smirks and takes a seat opposite me.

"So Chloe, tell me something about you."

"What do you wanna know?" I ask.

"You know...where your from, age, family, what you like to do, boyfriend?" She asks with a smirk.

"I'm from Portland, I'm 22, I lived with my mom and I have an older brother Kenny who's in the army, and I don't have a boyfriend." I smirk.

"What about your dad?" Kate asks. I look towards the ground and don't say anything. "Oh Chloe, I'm sorry I shouldn't of said anything." She says.

"No it's okay, my dad died last year from cancer." I say.

Kate gets off her chair and crouches down in front of me and places a hand on my knee. " I'm sorry Chlo". I smile and the nickname. Kate tucks a piece of hair that's fallen out of my bun and then slowly moves her hand to my cheek. I lean into the touch and smile. So does Kate, then she slowly leans in...suddenly the bell rings and I jump up. "I have to get to class, I'll see you later." Kate says.

"Yeah, see you later." Kate walks out of the room. 'Shit! Was I really going to kiss my colleague on my first fucking day? Pull yourself together'.

Beca's POV

After college

I've finished my first day of college and it wasn't that bad apart from this morning when I got called a dyke. Miss Beale probably thinks I'm such a loser.

Then I feel a shove from behind. I turn around to see Ben from my English class this morning and his mates. "What the fuck dude?" I say.

He smirks. "I saw you staring at Miss Beale this morning you dyke."

"I wasn't staring at her." I say back.

He laughs. "Do you really think she'd want anything to do with you, when she can be with a real man like me". He says continuing to laugh. "I'd fuck her so well she wouldn't be able to walk."

"Just leave me alone." I say then try and walk away but he grabs my arm.

"Where do you think your going dyke." Then he punches me. "You stay away from Miss Beale, she's mine".

"What you think she'd go for a piece of shit like you, who doesn't know how to respect women?" I spit back whipping the blood from my nose.

He grabs me again by the collar and goes to punch me again "HEY!" I hear someone shout. I look up its Miss Beale. "What on earth is going on here?" She says. "Well?"

"Nothing Miss Beale." Ben says and lets go of me.

"Ben clear off before I call the head." She says and Ben and his mate walk off. She offers me a hand. "Are you okay?"

I take it and she pulls me up. "Yeah thank you."

"Your nose is bleeding, come on I've got a first aid kit in my car." She says.

"No it's okay, I've got to get home but thank you anyway." I turn round and begin to walk home when I feel a hand on my arm stopping me. I turn round.

"Beca I'm not letting you walk home like this."

"But.." she cuts in. "No Beca your coming with me so I can clean you up." Miss Beale says.

Chloe's POV

Chloe's car

"Take a seat in the passenger's side." I say. I walk round to the boot and get the first aid kit. I walk back round and clean up her nose. "There it's stopped bleeding." I say.

"Thank you Miss Beale." Beca says.

"Call me Chloe." I smile.

"Chloe." She whispers.

"So Beca where do you live?" I say.

"Oh no I couldn't possibly, I can walk I'm fine honestly." She says with panic on her face.

"Beca, carm down. I just want to make sure you get home safely, so buckle up." I say with a smile which she returns.

Outside Beca's house

"So...do you want to tell me what the fight was about?" I say as I turn off the engine. She shakes her hear. I place a hand on her knee and she looks at me. "Beca please, I can't stand to see you hurt."

"You don't know anything about me." She says back.

"Maybe not but that doesn't mean I don't care, please tell me Beca." I say again.

She shakes her head again. "No, it's not important. Thanks for the ride Mis...Chloe." With that she gets out the car and goes into the house. I sigh and then turn the engine to go home.

Please tell me what you think.