Chapter 1: First Day

Meredith Grey POV

I smash my hand down on my annoying alarm clock to shut it up. Hhmmm... You gotta just love alarms. I sit up and rub my eyes then I stand up and trudge over to my closet. I pick out dark jeans and this brown turtle neck sweater. A sluggishly walk myself to the bathroom to get ready.

I take a long look at myself in the mirror. I can still remember the taste of Finn on my lips. Then I remember his slaps and punches. I love him but I'm terrified of him at the same time. I look at all the bruises over my body, the scars.

My mom and I just moved back to Seattle 3 days ago. When I told Finn I was moving he flipped out and took out on me, like always. I'm still sore from his beating.

I take my pajama shirt off and slide on the long sleeved sweater. I kick off the shorts I wore to bed and slipped on my jeans. I brush my hair and fix it with a little flat ironing the top and curling the ends and my bangs. Finn said he hated my bangs, but I always loved them. I finish getting ready then walk out of the bathroom.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and make my way to the kitchen. I see a note on he counter that reads,

Meredith, had an early surgery.
-Mom

"Great." I say as my ride is cutting into a person with a scalpel. I search through my bag for my phone, and I call Cristina.

"Hey my mom bailed can you drive me?" I ask my person.

"Yeah I'm on my way over now." She replies and hangs up. Cristina in like my perfect dark and twisty other half. She doesn't like talking about mushy stuff or hugging, she doesn't try to be nice or mannerly around me because she doesn't care, and she gets my seance of humor.

I lived in Seattle ever since ninth grade, but then my mom moved us to Boston the nest summer for a job opportunity. It didn't work out so she came back out and thankfully dragged me you her... away from Finn. Cristina and I met in 7th grade and have kept in touch even though I was across the country.

I grab a granola bar from the pantry and quickly eat it then down it with a glass of milk. After I set the cup in the sink I hear the honk of Cristina's horn and I'm out the door.

"So what was it this time? Wait no let me guess... a surgery?" Cristina says sarcastically and unconvincingly surprised and we both let out a giggle.

"Glad your back, but you missed some interesting bull crap." Cristina states.

"Lay it on me." I say smirking.

"You remember Derek right? Anyways we call him McDreamy and get this, Addison Montgomery is his super hot, cheerleader captain girlfriend.

"Addison Montgomery? Like Satan Addison." I ask remembering her.

"Yup. Derek plays football but isn't team captain and super hot best friend Mark Sloan isn't either. You don't know him cus he had to repeat soft more year, but we call him McSteamy. George, Izzy and Alex are still here and were all still good friends but Callie Torres moved here last year and we took her in. She's nice. Anyways Addison is still has her little cheerleader slut squad of her, April and Arizona. Arizona's new Ally moved the summer after freshmen year. She's actually not as bad but still annoying. We call them the Triple A Asses now though and not just the Triple A's. It's more fun. Alex still plays basketball, Izzy still does year book and George, well, is still George. The school hasn't hanged at all. The teacher are still boring and the food is still shitty but what else is new. Anyways hope your caught up enough what's your schedule look like?"