Chapter 11: I Love You

Meredith's Grey POV

My eyes flutter open and feel the cold rush of iv fluids through me.

"Hey you're awake." Derek exclaims sitting up in the chair beside my bed.

"What happened?" I ask groggily.

"You threw up then you passed out. I brought you to the nurse and they called the hospital and your mom said to being you here. They found out you had pesticide poisoning? What's that about?" He explains.

"Your ex." I say

"What did she do?" He asks getting mad.

"She and Arizona made April give George a bag of Doritos with pesticide in them. George gave me one of the Doritos, so I got it too although George had it worse probably."

"What did George do?"

"I don't know but he pissed off Addison in some way. Anyways how long have I been out?" I ask.

"Several hours it's about 5:30 right now." He replays and I nod.

"And Meredith."

"Yeah?"

"The doctors found... bruises... on your body." He says and I freeze then a doctor comes in.

"Meredith. The one and only Ellis Grey's daughter. So it looks like you have pesticide poising. It's not bad and it would have passed, but you passed out from dehydration, stress, and the poisoning contributed." The young looking man explains, probably an intern.

"Do you have another pesticide poising case here by the name of George O'Malley?" I ask.

"Yes actually do you think you might have gotten it from him because his case in more severe."

"Yeah he was given a bag of Doritos from someone at our school and I had one."

"Ah yes he told me about the Doritos. Non the less you'll be able to go home tomorrow we're just going to keep you overnight to observe you to make sure you'll be fine." He says smiling.

"Okay thanks." I say and he nods then walks out.

"Is it your mom." He says after a moment of silence.

"No it's not my mom she's never home anyways."

"Then who?" He asks sadly. I sigh and pick up my phone. I go to my messages and pull up the ones from Finn. I reluctantly hand my phone to Derek so he can look at the texts.

After a couple minutes Derek looks up at me.

"Who's Finn and what the he happens between you two?" He asks

"He was my boyfriend in Boston. At first he was nice, but as time went on when he got bad he would get really mad and take it out on me. It started with a couple kicks and a slap on the face, but then it escalated to whenever I did even the littlest thing wrong, he'd abuse me. He would punch, slap, kick, shove and right before I left when he tried to kill me he... strangled me. He cut me with scissors twice and a knife once."

"Meredith..." he says sorrowfully. I look down at my shaking hands while hot tears form in my eyes as I'm debating weather or not I should tell him about the other thing.

"Meredith did he do something else?"

"Uh he..." I say shakily. I bite my lip and take a breath.

"He raped me." I blurt out squeezing my eyes shut. I hear Derek shut my phone off and set it on the table beside my bed. He tarts to get in the bed with me and I scoot over a little to make room for him. He settles and it's like our body's fit perfectly together; like a puzzle. We lay there for a few minutes until my crying and shaking subsides.

"Does anyone else know? Your mom?" He asks. I chuckle a little bit and respond.

"No. Nobody cares. My mom doesn't care she didn't even see the bruises. I would come home with a black eye and my mom doesn't even notice. It's not her fault she just prefers work over me. Not s big deal."

"I care. I car a whole lot, and I will help you." He says his blue eyes looking into my green and hazel ones. He leans in and his lips press softly against mine. The kiss like the first one is delicate but full of passion. We pull away after about a few seconds.

"I love you so much." He says to me.

"I love you too." I say smiling and we both let out a little laugh. I lay my head in the crook of his neck and we fall asleep in each other's arms.

AN: Ik the chapter's short, but I wanted this freaking adorable moment to end the chapter 😁 Thank you guys for reading and I hope you liked it 😊 especially the MerDer moment 💜💜