Chapter 8: I'm His Girlfriend and He's My Boyfriend

Meredith Grey POV

After 4th period is over I head straight to bathroom to throw up. I started to feel to really suck during last period. I stumble to my feet and collect myself flushing the toilet. I walk out of the bathroom and head in straight for the lunchroom.

When I get there everybody's already there and has their lunches. I quickly get my food and head towards my table.

"Hey Mer." Izzy says cheerfully.

"Hey Iz." I reply back sitting down.

"What's wrong with George?" I ask as he's sitting with her head down.

"I feel like total crap." He mutters.

"I feel you George during 4th period I just felt really sick."

"That's exactly what happened to me!" He exclaims lifting his head up.

"That's weird." Callie states.

"Yeah." I reply feeling a wave of nausea roll wash over me. I feel my stomach contexts rising again and I stand up.

"Be right back." I say and leave the cafeteria quickly and into the bathroom. I barely make it to the toilet in time, but I did. I run my hand through my blond hair and exit the bathroom.

"You okay?" Cristina asks.

"Yeah I'm fine I just could really use some Pepto Bismol right about now." I say and then George grabs a trash can and vomits.

"He needs some too." I say sitting down.

Derek Sheperd POV

When Meredith walks through the door in wth period I wave her over to sit next to me. Addison walks in right after and glares at me, but I ignore her.

"Hey so my grandparents are coming over tonight and both my mom and dad with be home, so I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner. I can introduce you to my parents as my girlfriend now that Addison and I are finally done. We're having pasta by the way." I ask her when she sits down.

"Yeah. I'd love to." She says with a big, beautiful she smile painted across her face.

"Great I'll pick you up at 6." I say smiling back.

"Oh wait uh my mom might be home tonight, and uh she's very struck when it comes to boys and school." She says guiltily. I hope she's not making up some excuse.

"What do you mean 'might'?" I ask.

"She's a surgeon, so she could go home on time or get held back at the hospital." She replies.

"Huh my father's a surgeon too. (Let's pretend his dad never died)" I add taking note of the similarity.

"That's cool what's his specialty?" She asks with a curious sparkle in her eyes.

"Neuro. What about yours?"

"General. Does your father work at Seattle Grace?" She asks.

"Mercy West, but he used to work at Seattle Grace."

"I wonder if he knows my mom."

"Well that's something to talk about tonight." I say smiling and she joins me with her beautiful ear to ear smile.

Meredith Grey POV

Right after class -and throwing up basically my entire stomach- I inform Cristina that I'm officially in a relationship, and I'm going over said persons house tonight to meet the family.

"You need to wear something nice, but not too much. It has to seem like you care, but not trying too hard."

"Well what do I wear?" I ask her.

"How about I'll stop over for a bit and help you get ready. Meeting the parents is important."

"What about my mom she might be home." I ask remembering my strict mother.

"Well if she's home just say I'm coming over for homework. When you leave just sneak out she won't check on you cus she doesn't give a crap."

"Yeah that's true." I say feeling the nausea sweep me over again.

"I'll see you at the end of the day I have to go throw up for the 50th time today." I say heading to the bathroom.

When the bell to go home sounds I head to bathroom first to get it over with then walk to my locker. Cristina and I walk pack out backpacks in conversation like always then walk to her car.

As we near my driveway I see that yes, my mom in home. Cristina parks, and we get out.

"Just here for homework." She says as we walk up. I open the door, and I see my mother reading as usual.

"Hello Meredith." She says but doesn't give her attention away from her medical encyclopedia.

"Hi mom I brought Cristina over to work with her on a project." I say and her head locks up.

"Oh yes I remember you well go have fun getting those A's girls, but nothing else." She says as she goes back to her reading. I take Cristina to my room and shut the door.

"Dang you're mom's still crazy intense." She says setting her backpack down.

"Yup, and before we do anything I have to drink half a bottle of pepto like yesterday." I respond and head into my bathroom into my medicine bin. I grab the pink fluid and twist off the cap drinking it like a bottle of water. I drink about a third and pull it away from my mouth. I put he lid on he bin and take my beloved pepto bismol bottle with me.

"Okay now that I'm safe from your up chuck, let's get started." She says grinning and rubbing her hands together.

AN: Hey guys I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful for all of my readers, voters and commenters. Knowing people enjoy my fanfic means a lot, so I would like to shout out some people. dauntless_anatomy MarleeGrey abby1353 meredithpayton greysxxobsessed thanks you guys so much for the feedback and the inspiration to keep writing. 😊 Like always thank you for reading and I hope you liked it 💜💜🖤