Chapter 5

Eva's POV

"Didn’t you know its rude to eavesdrop?"  I asked raising my tone.

" Not my fault that you left the door open." Niall said.

"Zayn I'll talk to you later" I said through the phone and hung up.

"That doesn’t mean you can enter my room just like that. You could have knocked at least!"

"Well...I'm sorry? oh...okay wait a minute" He said and left the room closing the door behind. Within seconds there was a knock at the door.

'May I come in?" He asked with a grin.

"Yes, come in" I replied trying my best to hide my smile.

" Did I just catch you  smiling?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I cant even smile now?" I said recollecting the argument that I had with my father because of him . 

"Why not? I would love to see that beautiful smile again."  Is he trying to flirt with me?

"Whatever! what are you here for?"

“ I umm.. can we talk?" He stepped forward.

"Talk what?" I snapped

" Look I know your not happy with me staying in this house but its just a matter of few months until i get my new apartment . I hope thats okay with you"

"Does it even matter whether am I'm okay with it or not? My dad has already let you stay over here. My opinion is not even taken into consideration."

"See. I understand how you feel about this and I know it’s my fault but I have no other option. I have to do this atleast for a few months. I have my own personal reasons for it. So I really hope you understand the situation. And I'm also sorry for what happened this morning between you and your dad." 

Whoa..does this guy have multiple personality disorder, or what? I mean, he was so rude when we first met!! I just nodded in response too shocked to speak.

"Now that’s just unfair , I spoke a lot to you and I only get a nod in response?"

“Umm..okay what am I supposed to say then?”

There he goes again with that smile again. This guy can change his character within…not even seconds.

" Oh okay "  Thats all i managed to say. He chuckled before sitting on the chair.

" Nice room you have got here. I kinda have a crush on it."

"Oh thanks. wait..what? crush on my room?!" I asked knitting my eyebrow.

"Yeah.." he said and laughed at his own joke..wait was it even a joke?? Who knows? I must say this guy is totally weird.

His eyes then scanned the portraits hung on the wall. "Wow! They are beautiful!! Where did you get these from?"

"I painted them myself" I said.

"Really? thats great!" He looked quite surprised.

"Thanks" I replied to him with a smile which was real for the first time since I met him.

He got up from the chair and inspected the painting with a certain concentration that escaped me. His blue gaze froze on one painting , he moved forward and touched the edges of its frame. The painting was one of my favorites. It was a picture of a couple in the woods. The girl looked cold and vulnerable . Her  perfect brown  locks flew In the wind. Strong arms protectively wrapped around her fragile body and her head rested on his shoulder and her body tightly clinged to his, refusing  to let go. They held on to each other so tight that it looked like the fear of drifting apart terrified them.