Chapter 6

Eva's Pov

He picked up the book and moved aside , making me sigh in relief. He flipped through the pages of the book pretending as if nothing had happened a moment ago. I could feel my pulse rate getting back to normal but my throat was still dry .

I ran out of the room without giving him a second glance because I wasn't sure what he would do to me next. As soon as I left the room , I felt like I had just escaped from death. Like seriously what just happened right there in the room was something which I have never experienced ever in my life. The images of the incident couldn't just leave my head. Everything happened so quick that i feel lost right at the moment. My mind is just stuck on the devious blond guy who intimidates me. When he looked into my eyes I felt like a rabbit in a fox's trap. At this moment the only emotion I felt towards Niall was 'fear'. Yes , He scares the shit out of me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror as I entered the bathroom. I looked like I had just encountered a ghost. My face had turned pale and my eyes expressed fear.

Splashing cold water on my face I felt relief wash over me. Never have i been this scared in my life. 

I can't let him do this to me. I decided to keep my distance from him.

"Cause we got the fire fire fire…and we gonna let it burn burn burn…" I sang along with Ellie Goulding’s Burn which was playing in the radio. I was driving to Emily's. Emily is my best friend since kindergarten. We used to be so close that we never really used to spend a day without each other. I still remember how we cried when I had leave to NY for my high school studies. Emily was completely different from me. Our characters never really matched. She was more of a quiet girl, but was an excellent swimmer and a BIG TIME sports freak. And I on the other hand hated sports and can never shut my mouth. I always wondered how we actually end up as best friends. May be because opposite attract?

Emily had an abusive boyfriend who used to hurt her and accuse her for silly reasons. She went through depression when they broke up. She was in rehab for her drugs and alcohol misuse. But that was over  a year ago. Now everything is going good  for her and I also know that  she is more than happy with her new life.

I parked my car and walked towards her house and rang the door bell. She opened the door in no time and pulled me for  a tight hug. I looked at her as we pulled apart she looked extremely happy, I had never seen Emily this happy any time I met her.

“Omg I cant believe you are actually here Eva!!!! Its been sooooooo fucking long”

“Emily!” I scolded. She can never shut her bad mouth. There has to be a fuck or shit in anything she says.

“ oops sorry mummy” She mocked and then laughed. I rolled my eyes. “You will never change Em”

“Don’t you wanna come in? or are you gonna stand there and scold me the whole day?” She asked and pulled me inside.

I looked around the house which brought me back the memories of our childhood and everything we did in here. “ I missed you a lot Em” I said and hugged her again. I could feel tears prick my eyes. I have been getting too emotional recently. Even last week after what Niall tried to do, I cried again and again thinking about it. Niall!! That name haunts me. Its been a week since that incident but the images of it are still fresh in my head.

“Are you alright?” Emily asked with all concern wiping a tear off my cheek.

I shook my thoughts away and answered that its nothing..I was just happy to see her , for which she made a comment .

" Oh Really Eva ? Since when did you start shedding tears of joy ? "

I just laughed off her comment and we started to talk about everything we were anxiously waiting to tell each other when we meet.