Chapter 1- Death of the Costello's

Okay, so you know the procedure VOTE, COMMENT and FAN please!!! :) have fun reading!!!

ohh by the way pic of Adriana ---------------->

Chapter 1

Adriana and her mother got themselves comfortable in the grand living room, where the fire was blazing, warming the awkward atmosphere. Adriana waited patiently for her mother to scold her. In unison they both sipped their chamomile tea whilst staring silently at each other.

"Adriana you are a lady of high status..." her mother started calmly with a hint of annoyance in her tone. Adriana hated her mother's speeches, they were always long and dull. She sighed and tried to half listen as her mother continued

"You do not not mess around with filth" her mother stated condensendingly

"You are not a commoner!"

Adriana had an urge to argue back, but feared that her mother would continue to further scold her. Her mother had always turned her nose up to, what she referred to as 'commoners' but Adriana would classify them as 'less fortunate people.'

Her Mother continued on ranting and each time her tone would become more stern and enraged. Adriana finally had enough of her mothers outrageous comments. So instead of answering back, She shot her mother a cold and sterile look and walked away.

Adriana expected her mother to call after her. But there was silence, no movement whatsoever. She felt slightly bad but she blamed her mother for the incident happening in the first place.

Adriana walked up the golden, spiral staircase greeting one of the maids along the way. She entered her bedroom and immediately there was a rush of relief. She entered her en-suite bathroom and turned the bath taps on. A nice warm bath is exactly what she needed to relax.

She stripped down to nothing and turned the taps off. She then locked the door and entered the bath tub. Immediately her thoughts were forgotten, she eased her head back allowing all her emotions to drain away.

Suddenly there was an impromptu disruption to her thoughts. She could hear muffled sounds of screaming and struggling coming from downstairs. She rushed out the bath and quickly got changed into a random floral dress which was laying on her bed.

She opened her bedroom door and the screaming was more apparent. She could hear gun shots being fired throughout the house. Panic rose throughout her body. Then out of the blue a firm hand grasped her mouth, yanking her head back against a solid chest. Adriana tried to scream but no sound exited her mouth.

She was then half dragged and half guided downstairs. She watched despairingly as loyal servants tried to ward off the attackers. The outcome was disastrous for the heroic few who intervened. Most ended up with damaged limbs or a bullet to the head.

She was then taken into the grand living room, where her parents and brother Nicholas were aligned near the mantle piece. A gun was pointed at them, Adriana struggled to get free. She listened attentively as the spoke person shouted venomously at Nicholas

"Your a fool, thinking you could get away from us!"

Nicholas smirked, Adriana examined her brother's face his eyes held fear whereas his face seemed completely relaxed.

"Your family will pay the price for your foolishness!"

With that two gun shots were fired simultaneously and Adriana's eye widened as her parents fell to the floor. Adriana started thrusting around until the grip suddenly loosened, she tried to rush to her parents, tears enveloped in her eyes. But another hand grabbed her arm firmly pulling her back to face a dark, tall, handsome man.

His eyes widened and he mumbled

"Celia...."

Adriana elbowed him in his sensitive man area, his grip immediately loosened as he cursed loudly.

Adriana rushed to her parents and tried to tend to their wounds. The blood was seeping out, their face drained and pale. They were.....dead!

Another gun shot was fired, Adriana turned her head back so fast that she pulled a muscle in her neck. She watched as Nicholas fell to the hard, marble floor. Adriana screamed as she watched her brother close his eyes, no movement made whatsoever .

She rushed to her brother, blood had covered Adriana's hands, tears were trickling down her face. She screamed as she stared at her family's bodies helplessly.....